• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Kings Lynn and Wealdstone tickets ?

Stones could sell another 1,000 tickets and everyone would be moaning about how **** the set up is, and how crowded/dangerous the ground is and how crap the toilets/stewards/catering are
it’s their call and as mentioned before they are a great non league club and deserve every respect for still being in existence

Stones could sell another 1,000 tickets and everyone would be moaning about how **** the set up is, and how crowded/dangerous the ground is and how crap the toilets/stewards/catering are
it’s their call and as mentioned before they are a great non league club and deserve every respect for still being in existence
What’s that got to do with leaving half of the ground empty when there are potentially another 500 that would like to go?.

Its another 5-10k in revenue for a club which may help their further existence.

Maybe they don’t have the staff and facilities to cope ? Maybe it’s hard to get staff at the moment , and maybe they don’t want the hassle,

Maybe they don’t have the staff and facilities to cope ? Maybe it’s hard to get staff at the moment , and maybe they don’t want the hassle,
???.???
So the owners just said “I can’t be bothered with recruiting an extra bunch of stewards and it’s too much hassle for me to actually get more people/revenue into my club so I’ll J leave it thanks”.

who needs an extra few grand just after a world crisis anyway.

Er no.. maybe they can’t GET the staff or it’s hard to GET the staff, maybe they can’t find the portaloos required for our high standards … or they don’t want the reputation of putting on a **** show just to cram some more people in..
perhaps there is a bit of a do on, not 30 miles away from them that’s causing a few procurement issues

Er no.. maybe they can’t GET the staff or it’s hard to GET the staff, maybe they can’t find the portaloos required for our high standards … or they don’t want the reputation of putting on a **** show just to cram some more people in..
perhaps there is a bit of a do on, not 30 miles away from them that’s causing a few procurement issues
And maybe you have no argument, and are just rambling on about toilets and the like to get a ridiculous point across.
Now go to sleep before mummy catches you awake after bed time.

It won't be as simple as just chucking us another 400 tickets, that's for sure. There will need to be agreement with the safety advisory group and police, not to mention the UK-wide casual staff shortage. I hardly think a club like Wealdstone will have a huge bank of reserve stewards etc.

Plus the reality is no club will be over-keen to provide extra tickets to us because of our track record of holding onto the money.

Last edited:
And maybe you have no argument, and are just rambling on about toilets and the like to get a ridiculous point across.
Now go to sleep before mummy catches you awake after bed time.

So if we are lucky enough to play Orient or Charlton or Millwall again in the next few years and they could sell another 500 tickets you’d be quite happy for them to move a few hundred people in the West Stand to give them an extra block or two and pay for all the extra segregation costs.

The NL rules say a minimum of 600 tickets must be given to the away side for a segregated match - they have given us 800 - 20% of their capacity of 4085.

The NL is the only professional football on Bank Holiday Monday so I would guess Wealdstone would be hoping they might get a few more locals along as well.

Sadly this is all a consequence of where we find ourselves and the only way out is to get back into the league. You might think giving our opponents an extra £12k would be shooting ourselves in the foot….

So if we are lucky enough to play Orient or Charlton or Millwall again in the next few years and they could sell another 500 tickets you’d be quite happy for them to move a few hundred people in the West Stand to give them an extra block or two and pay for all the extra segregation costs.

The NL rules say a minimum of 600 tickets must be given to the away side for a segregated match - they have given us 800 - 20% of their capacity of 4085.

The NL is the only professional football on Bank Holiday Monday so I would guess Wealdstone would be hoping they might get a few more locals along as well.

Sadly this is all a consequence of where we find ourselves and the only way out is to get back into the league. You might think giving our opponents an extra £12k would be shooting ourselves in the foot….
Of course I’d be happy if it gave my club extra funds, after a great big Fukin pandemic which has sunk millions into poverty, and god knows how many businesses have and or will be going bust.

let’s all worry about portaloos, and extra stewards though because this is far more important than keeping a business afloat.

Of course I’d be happy if it gave my club extra funds, after a great big Fukin pandemic which has sunk millions into poverty, and god knows how many businesses have and or will be going bust.

let’s all worry about portaloos, and extra stewards though because this is far more important than keeping a business afloat.
Are you concerned about Wealdstone staying afloat or just annoyed that we aren’t getting anymore tickets?

I’m sure Wealdstone have weighed up the pros and cons of giving us extra tickets. Clearly it’s either not possible or not worth the effort for them. I’m pretty sure if an extra few hundred Southend fans was the difference between them staying afloat and going bust then we’d get them. But it obviously isn’t and they don’t owe us anymore than the 800 they’ve given us so there’s no point complaining about it.

Are you concerned about Wealdstone staying afloat or just annoyed that we aren’t getting anymore tickets?

I’m sure Wealdstone have weighed up the pros and cons of giving us extra tickets. Clearly it’s either not possible or not worth the effort for them. I’m pretty sure if an extra few hundred Southend fans was the difference between them staying afloat and going bust then we’d get them. But it obviously isn’t and they don’t owe us anymore than the 800 they’ve given us so there’s no point complaining about it.
I am not concerned about us having more tickets because I have mine and my sons already.
As for keeping Wealdstone afloat well of course I’d prefer they didn’t go bust as I would with every club on this planet.

It says on the website tickets for Wealdstone can only be collected up until Saturday. Is that not including Saturday as I was going to collect them before the Stockport game.

It says on the website tickets for Wealdstone can only be collected up until Saturday. Is that not including Saturday as I was going to collect them before the Stockport game.
Surely it includes Saturday as well if 'up until'. Can't imagine they'd exclude the match day as that is when most people would be able to get there.

Every man has their limits I’m afraid CPM. Plus my cat died last night and I was a bit wayward with my behaviour.
Presume you have never been to Wealdstone's ground else you would be fully aware of its limitations, notably segregation when it's required. It's not as simple as them just handing over umpteen more tickets to a visiting club.

Presume you have never been to Wealdstone's ground else you would be fully aware of its limitations, notably segregation when it's required. It's not as simple as them just handing over umpteen more tickets to a visiting club.
That’s right every club has half of their capacity nowadays don’t they because Southend are coming to town?.

Judging by your post you’ve done a risk assessment on their stadium and or work in crowd safety management?.

Back