• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

"Kit's in the bag..."

Matt the Shrimp

aka Harry Potter
Good coverage of the game in the Echo - praise where it's due! Bizarre story about the fact that Ron was forced by Nike and Diadora to agree the commemorative kit before yesterday's game against the Gas.

Lucky we didn't lose, eh?!

oops.gif

Incidentally, the kit will be: <span style='color:blue'>BLUE&#33;</span>

That&#39;s great news, I reckon&#33;

biggrin.gif

Matt

Erm, dunno. Ron is quoted as saying:

<span style='color:blue'>&quot;I&#39;m quite superstitious normally but I had to have talks with both Nike and Diadora to order our kit for the final,&quot;</span> said Martin.

<span style='color:blue'>&quot;It will be another commemorative kit because it wasn&#39;t possible
rock.gif
to order large numbers of our current home strip.

&quot;But it will definitely be blue and we have around three to four thousand of them coming in.&quot;
</span>

That&#39;s all I know, folks.

Matt

Perhaps it will be Diadora producing the commerative t-shirts/jumpers etc, usually they opt for &quot;Screenstars&quot;&#33;&#33;

I hope we have Nike for long terms, since we got Nike for our kit last season, we got nothing but sucess (only after Tilson took over). As for Diadora, pehap they are our future kit maker? mind you they also make good kit - but I stick with Nike.

If there are new shirt for the final - I hope its bit like current Arsenal&#39;s away kit (the blue one) if for special reason, its has to be better design than what we got - its help the sales of the kit as well.

They can&#39;t supply the new kit but they can produce 4,000 new one&#39;s, of which we&#39;d only sell half, tops ...

suspect.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ Mar. 09 2005,14:50)]Pardon my ignorance, but what has Diadora got to do with it?
Diadora are making Fredy Eastwoods white boots for the final.

Surely that&#39;s Fredy Eastwood&#39;s &quot;MAGIC&quot; boots
biggrin.gif

but didn&#39;t Betterview sign a 2 year deal? Don&#39;t think they&#39;ll be happy if that happens..............................( a bit like last year when GKC were disposed in favour of MD )

Diadora wouldn&#39;t have their sponsorship on a Nike made kit though would they surely?

I seriously hope it&#39;s going to be another Nike one though, as they&#39;re far superior with their kits than Diadora IMO.

I suspect it means that he sounded out Nike & Diadorra to see who would charge the least for a bulk order of blue kits. Wouldn't surprise me if the kit ends up being a Diadorra one by the sounds of things.

4000 seems like a hell of a lot though. Didn't we only shift 1,500 of the silver kits last year? If they want to shift that many they had better cut the price. If they go for £25 a shirt they might stand a chance. At £40 they've got no hope.

A Diadora kit (blue of course) would add some real continental style to the team.

I would also like to see the whole team kitted out with Lotto boots and a few of the players (I&#39;m thinking Super Cheese Wilson, Spencer Prior and Lawrie Dudfield) should grow their hair long and wear Alice bands.

Forza Azzuri&#33;

I think that is a serious point Mad Cyril and one that is too easily overlooked.

Has anyone considered the possibility of a hideous postmodern mix n&#39; match affair with say nike shorts and a diadora top. I wouldn&#39;t rule it out.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Mar. 09 2005,17:29)]Does Betterview&#39;s sponsorship deal cover the LDV Cup final, tho?

rock.gif

Matt
Didn&#39;t somebody post a while back that they had gone bust though ?

If that was the case they would be in no position to argue &#33;&#33;

Betterview haven&#39;t gone bust - one of their suppliers did and Betterview bought the company and have in fact increased in size.

Diadora look set to produce the kit due to Nike&#39;s general un-ability to get things done quickly. You heard it hear. Probably not first, but hey ...

tounge.gif

Back