• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Klopp non-stop moaning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was not going to comment on this but as I have had a bad afternoon and as you are so far off the truth I will enlighten you as I was at Heysel that awful night and scarily close to the wire when it came down with such awful consequences.

I like most people present was not aware their had been any fatalities until much latter. It was bizarre how the friendly care free atmosphere that there was in the sunny square in the city centre changed as the sun went down to a much darker mood. On the trip out to the stadium in late afternoon I saw a couple of large gang fights with no police presence at the time.
Going to football was a different experience in the 80's and Liverpool certainly had amongst there following a number that could be up for some aggro and there certainly a few that were looking for revenge for the many stabbings in Rome the previous year both before and after the Final against Roma.

My main issue with your post is the swept under the carpet issue as in fact 14 people got sentenced to 3 years for manslaughter.
Also Liverpool have a memorial stone at Anfield where flowers are laid on the 29th of May each year.
It's odd that Liverpool should be the team involved with the two worst tragedies involving English sides. But I'm sure the scouse angels weren't to blame for anything.

Not sure what all the fuss is about. Klopp and Liverpool are well suited. He dresses like a Scouser in shell suit and robbers cap, suffers form victim syndrome and believe it or not last time I was in Liverpool he even offered to look after my car for £5

Agreed. I'd go so far as to extend that sentiment to the city of Liverpool too.
Is this the same Liverpool that doesn’t regard itself as part of England, has very few England fans and boos the national Anthem? And of course all of those ‘wonderful’ Liverpool fans.

Been there twice. Once to watch football the other time to visit my wheels.

Is this the same Liverpool that doesn’t regard itself as part of England, has very few England fans and boos the national Anthem? And of course all of those ‘wonderful’ Liverpool fans.

Yep, that's the one - fine city, wonderful fans. I ****ing despise the royal family and I boo the national anthem myself at every opportunity. We have a choice not to agree with the monarchy in this country you know, we're not quite a fascist state... yet.

...I bet they're happy to own and use British Passport when it suits, though. Unless they've managed to secure some Liverpulian ones ? 🤔

It's odd that Liverpool should be the team involved with the two worst tragedies involving English sides. But I'm sure the scouse angels weren't to blame for anything.

Personally I would not consider it odd more a consequence of being a very successful football club therefore reaching many finals at a time when stadium’s and the security around them was so very different to today.

Eventually the fan’s were deemed despite so much earlier media lies to be proved to be entirely blameless for Hillsborough but sadly mud stick’s. Hysel was due to a whole host of factors including without doubt an unsuitable stadium being chosen by UEFA which lead to rival fan bases being next to each other and then as I witnessed both fan bases having a violent element amongst them.

Also to be factually correct the Bradford City Stadium fire resulted in more deaths than Hysel but much like Hillsborough was not as a result of fan’s miss behaviour.

Last edited:
Yep, that's the one - fine city, wonderful fans. I ****ing despise the royal family and I boo the national anthem myself at every opportunity. We have a choice not to agree with the monarchy in this country you know, we're not quite a fascist state... yet.

Do you also put a matchstick between two Stanley blades?

I’m a staunch republican but that doesn’t mean I have to be an arse

Who cares? The PL knows nothing about real football problems, they are all greedy, arrogant and selfish along with the FA who will do nothing to save us 😤

There’s also Everton fans living in Liverpool, plus people who don’t go to the football. I guess others’ experience of the place differs to mine. I’ve been on many trips there (work and pleasure), been to both grounds, had no trouble, certainly not had a knife pulled on me in Stanley Park or had my wheels pinched.

On Heysel, that could’ve been any group of English fans. It happened to be Liverpool. Every club in the UK had a badly behaved element back then. And the stadium wasn’t fit for purpose.

It's odd that Liverpool should be the team involved with the two worst tragedies involving
Not sure what all the fuss is about. Klopp and Liverpool are well suited. He dresses like a Scouser in shell suit and robbers cap, suffers form victim syndrome and believe it or not last time I was in Liverpool he even offered to look after my car for £5
Rather like a lot of Brits. lving in Belfast that I came across last summer then! :Winking:
Belfast is in Britain.

I've been there a fair few times as my sister in law lives up there (she's originally from Hampstead but married a scouser). I can only go by the people I meet (which includes a lot of the staff that work for her, and her friends) and I can say for certain that they all regard themselves as English, all follow England (as much as they follow football at all) and all sing the national anthem.

I'm sure there's an element that don't, but you can't tar an entire city with the came brush. There's idiots everywhere, including Southend.

Belfast is in Britain.
Techinally yes but all NI citizens were offered the chance of taking ou¡t an Irish passport after the UK left the EU.A lot of them did .Iknow two of them who have.One living in San Sebastian and the other in the French Basque country.FWIW I also know a Kiwi living here who 's given up his GB passport for a Spanish one and a a good mate,who I go to Espanyol games games with, who's done the same since GB left the EU.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back