• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Knight transfer listed by Swans....

adwebb16

Coach
Was going to put in the 'All Leagues Chit-Chat', but thought it pop it in here as its pretty recent.

Obviouslly there will not be a move on the cards what so ever, would totally disrupt the shrimpers team harmony. A clearly talented and able player, but just a huge ego problem.

get him in now... probably completely the wrong style of striker we are looking for, but he is a proven goalscorer, which is was we desperately need alongside freddy

Likely to be trouble, but a great scoring record. Also, that'd be two strikers up front unable to win a header between them. When we are under the cosh, wouldn't we need the ball to "stick" more. Its a tough decision, I'm glad I'm not Tilson now. But without goals coming from anywhere but Freddy, surely he's worth a loan until Jan??

But every single club that he has been at he has been booted out because of his attitude! A class act, his record speaks for itself, but obviouslly a complete w*@&er. The players had the ump with Ricketts no doubt, Knight comes with a reputation now!

should snap him up now! im sure tilly could get the best out of him and solve his ego problem. he has in the past eg guttridge

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimpermatt @ Oct. 16 2006,17:21)]should snap him up now! im sure tilly could get the best out of him and solve his ego problem. he has in the past eg guttridge
e.g. Ricketts?
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ljubljana Branch @ Oct. 16 2006,17:13)]When we are under the cosh, wouldn't we need the ball to "stick" more.
To be fair to Knight, there's no better place for the ball to stick than the back of the opponent's net and I've seen him score enough counter-attacking goals to suspect he may flourish while we're under pressure.

we just took a big risk on a proven **** with Ricketts, I think Knight is the last thing we need in our dressing room

Knight's goalscoring record in this division isn't much to write home about. He's scored most of his goals for Brighton & Swansea in League One.

I really thinkg this is a player we need and a manager with tilsons great man management skills will change.

Well if he is attitude was perfect then lots of teams would want him! Not sure if we should take another risk though.

His pathetic little comments regarding Brighton recently sort of sum him up.

As a player i'd like to see him here but he's a class a tw&t.

Complete opposite of what we need - we have a peasant's budget compared to 90% of teams in this league and the way to counteract that is with sheer hard graft and a fantastic team spirit......Knight is not only lazy but would also damage the togetherness of the squad. We're gonna struggle to survive this season as it is without signing a tw*t like him.

however like it or lump it, football is full of t wats, however if we had the chance to take one with a goal ratio of nearly 2 in 3 on a loan then i would jump at it. knight might see it as a fresh start and may settle down, i would be up for taking that chance... tilly has worked his magic with other players... and now has a reputation for being a hardball manager!

I agree it would be a risk , especially after Ricketts. But what have we got to lose by getting him on loan, I think we all agree the goals have got to start coming from someone aswell as Freddy.
cool.gif

Back