• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

KONY- what do you think?

he is a horrible man yes, but the ugandan army is pretty shocking :P visiblechildren.tumblr.com

For a half hour video there aren't many facts being thrown around on the video. Whoever made this though has a good grasp of how to get people my age swept up in the hype, weird how noone cared when it was starvation killing but now there's a face to attribute evil to everyone is going to make their voices heard about kids in Africa. However from what I can tell the LRA now has less than 2000 members, the Washington post saying less than 250 of them are armed. Maybe I've underestimated the ineptitude of Uganda to contain this minority but I don't understand why we need more than 100 US soldiers there, and therefore what does the campaign want the US to do? The film offers no answer to that other than the alleged threat that the US forces are pulling out (which as they only went in less than half a year ago seems unlikely to me.)
Yes it would be nice for this guy to be stopped but I don't understand what the objective of this campaign is, or why people seem to be under the impression Kony is the only man in the world who kidnaps kids to use as soldiers. If I was told what invisible children want rather than just what they want the public to do I'd be more inclined to listen.

Slackvitism at it's finest, but has lead to some great memes.

Spoiler:  
khtOV.jpg

X1ZYc.jpg

ef7.jpg

afa.jpg

db8.jpg

d56.png

1331157898329.jpg

1331158094797.jpg

1331159566672.jpg

1331158330857.jpg

420406_10150726013037812_704387811_11355464_468655325_n.jpg

There is hope for the future after all..:nope:

Seriously though John - can you say you really give a **** whats going on in Africa??

I don't - WE are a small country and we need to be working on our internal affairs get out of the mess we are in - then AND ONLY then can we go back to galavanting round the world helping if we so wish!

I wonder what the Latvians view on this is? will they be sending troops?

Also I am waiting to hear what New Zealand is going to do.

Seriously though John - can you say you really give a **** whats going on in Africa??

I don't - WE are a small country and we need to be working on our internal affairs get out of the mess we are in - then AND ONLY then can we go back to galavanting round the world helping if we so wish!

I wonder what the Latvians view on this is? will they be sending troops?

Also I am waiting to hear what New Zealand is going to do.

I don't see it that way TBH mate..The whole world is ****ed IMO. Somewhere in the region of 32 Trillion dollars a year is spent on arms these days..Most of that is supplied by the West to the poorer nations,then we turn around and on most occasions turn a blind eye to the trouble it causes..I care about all humanity wherever they are, but fear more than anything it is to late and sooner rather than later one of these weapons is going to lead to the end of mankind full stop.

If you back me in a corner though I would agree with you on one point we should not be helping out financially some of the countries we do when little if any of that money actually reaches those that need it, but that 32 trillion would go along in helping others.

I'm waiting for him to finish the difficult second album before I watch these videos.

Is his thing West Coast Hip Hop or is he the new thing on the grime scene?

Kony was already top of the FBI's most wanted list since the elimination of Bin Laden, so despite the fact that i have watched a video, i still reckon there is a fair chance the American Special Forces have a chance of beating me to his capture... much like they did with Bin Laden!

So I assume from the lack of comment here everybody is happy with the 32 trillion dollars spent on arms each year?

So I assume from the lack of comment here everybody is happy with the 32 trillion dollars spent on arms each year?
No, of course not. Unfortunately there are always those unscrupulous people who will continue to manufacture and supply. It's not like you can sit everybody down and tell them all to stop using arms. Where there is a market there's money to be made however much we disagree with it.

Back