• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Kursaal Bowling

I got my best ever 245 including 7 successive strikes in that venue

lebowski%20jesus.jpg

Been on the cards and Tenpin served their 6 months notice in August so it all finishes in February.

As a league bowler of 20 years it's a travesty that a town the size of Southend can't support a bowling alley. If the council are serious in their ambitions of achieving City status they can't let things like this happen. I suspect and hope that a combination of some form of concession from the Council along with a company like AMF waiting till the last minute to get optimum value will see it saved. But who knows.

Unfortunately it was years of mismanagement from Tempin that killed it. They ejected 5 leagues from the centre (including my own) which is basically akin to burning money - my league filled 18 lanes for 9 months of the year with a high percentage of those present purchasing plenty from the bar. They decided they didn't want us and basically told us to leave in very rude terms as they wanted to host 'corporate nights' on Thursdays. It bombed badly and when they asked us back we refused. We now reside at the alley in Leigh which unfortunately will also be disappearing as planning permission has been granted on the land to develop flats.

Sad times for the bowlers among us!

PS. I only ever remember Blueblood hitting about 45.....

I used to bowl in the Tuesday League and that was eventually merged with the Wednesday players again, as B points out they were only interested in corporate knobs who would more or less trash the place, when the recession hit the corps stopped going

Back