• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Kyle Taylor Signs on Loan

I doubt very much if he’s not coming in to replace someone who’s going. No point in signing like for like.

My guess is the club were waiting on news on an outgoing before confirming an incoming

Don’t get me wrong I’ll support anyone in a blues shirt, just surprised given all the talk about re-balancing the squad and needing experienced players, and we pull in a 21 year old with, is it 6 games league experience,
Which suggests to me that MM must see this kid as a bit special.

I can see what people are saying. But MM is the manager, he's the one who is seeing these players day in, day out on the training pitch and if he thinks a 21-year-old from Bournemouth is a better option than our own 19-22 year olds then I defer to his greater judgement.

I can see what people are saying. But MM is the manager, he's the one who is seeing these players day in, day out on the training pitch and if he thinks a 21-year-old from Bournemouth is a better option than our own 19-22 year olds then I defer to his greater judgement.
I think it’s clear that our own 19-22 year olds aren’t good enough and highly likely to never be good enough

I'm just happy we've signed a player. Well done MM for doing that. Hopefully he turns out to be a decent player, but for now credit where credit is due.

Hard to know what he will bring as so little experience to go on.Was hoping for a reject like Stan Collymore who arrived when the last protest took place.Still room for an experienced CB and a holding type striker who can score goals.At least MM is his own man with a clear idea of the style and type of team he wants .Just unfortunate that Ron's lost his wallet and credit rating at the present time.

Welcome Kyle! MM has a view that you are worth bringing here...that is good enough for me. Welcome to the project! Do your best to fulfil MM's ambitions for the club and for yourself. Put in a shift and you will be really supported.

Not overly inspiring as a signing, but MM knows him well and must think he’s better than what we have.
For anyone saying it’s taking a chance from our own youngsters, they’ve proven they’re not ready. Hopefully Taylor is.

Bournemouths 23s play the same level as ours

Played against them a few years ago.

The visitors then upped the pressure and several chances were created, mainly through the impressive left winger Kyle Taylor. It was Taylor’s shot that hit Matsuzaka and deflected for a corner and his delivery found the head of an unmarked Tyler Cordner. The giant centre-back found the net with a powerful header on 38 minutes to equalise.

Sadly I've never seen him play but I can say he's a name that has been talked about for a few seasons as 'one to possibly watch' so he must have something about him.

For one reason or another he's never got into the cup side as some of the youngsters have done but I wouldn't read too much into that since our cup teams were often pretty random.

I always read the no real loan moves out as a sign they wanted to keep him around in case of emergencies with the first team which would be really positive but hard to say for sure.

Going on a hunch from the way those AFCB fans who went to youth games talked about him, I think he could do well for you. The step up to real football will be a big one but as long as he stands up to it hopefully he can pick some passes for you and lay on some goals.

As has been said, Moseley will know him well so it's interesting that he's the player he went after on loan from all the possible options.

Fingers crossed for us both it works out well!

You would suspect that out of every position, central midfielder is the last place we’d need a 21 year old, considering there’s already Hutchinson, Gard, Phillips and Klass there. You would imagine therefore that one of them is off?

Back