• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Kyle Taylor Signs on Loan

Played against them a few years ago.

The visitors then upped the pressure and several chances were created, mainly through the impressive left winger Kyle Taylor. It was Taylor’s shot that hit Matsuzaka and deflected for a corner and his delivery found the head of an unmarked Tyler Cordner. The giant centre-back found the net with a powerful header on 38 minutes to equalise.

Playing as a left winger in that game, could suggest that he will play there and Green moved to RM and Egbri dropped to the bench? Who knows!

What he does bring and what Macca has too? is that they both will not be running scared or half beaten before the game kicks off.
Macca will lift the dressing room spirit.
A Midfield that can call on Green, Macca, Demi, Taylor to encourage the likes of Hutch, Tyrell and our own young men has to be a better proposition than we started 2020 with?
Welcome Kyle.

What he does bring and what Macca has too? is that they both will not be running scared or half beaten before the game kicks off.
Macca will lift the dressing room spirit.
A Midfield that can call on Green, Macca, Demi, Taylor to encourage the likes of Hutch, Tyrell and our own young men has to be a better proposition than we started 2020 with?
Welcome Kyle.
That’s my line of thought. He’s unaffected by last seasons disaster like Green, like Akinola, like Hobson, like Macca..he’s a player MM knows so he’ll be aware of his mentality also.
So many were calling for a clear out and a clean slate and finally we’re getting one .. new faces despite the embargo. Can only help.

Hutchinson is off is my bet. Doesn't really fit into a team fighting for L2 survival. Can't tackle, can't head and gets bullied off the ball. Compare that to someone like Macca for example. Let's hope Taylor has a bit of physical about him as that's what we desperately miss in midfield

His versatility helps. Can play wide or central or as a 10. Looks like someone who likes to get forward and try to create. It's a shame but it feels like Isaac has had to go through so much so early in his career and is suffering a bit. Maybe it's time to take the heat off him.

I'm still not really sure how we have managed to do this, unless news of departures has been kept quiet. I guess the writing was on the wall for Harry Kyps when he wasn't named on the bench last week, but no idea what else has been going on.

Hutchinson is off is my bet. Doesn't really fit into a team fighting for L2 survival. Can't tackle, can't head and gets bullied off the ball. Compare that to someone like Macca for example. Let's hope Taylor has a bit of physical about him as that's what we desperately miss in midfield

Well, if you’re right and he is off, let’s see where he ends up.

If he’s as bad as you say, I’m sure he’ll be going down to non-league. Maybe even a swap deal for a Weymouth player?

Macca was blowing out his arse and looked miles off the pace. Hopefully it’s just a question of match sharpness and the Macca we know and love will return soon (today!). Isaac hasn’t had the best time here, what with not being played, being played out of position etc. .. yes he has a bit to work on and maybe a L2 relegation battle isn’t best for his development. For what it’s worth, surrounded by much better players and sat just behind a number 9 pushing forward I think he’s got a lot of potential .. though I’m aware he has his critics on here who seem to have decided he’s rubbish no matter what. Agree with you re/Taylor and what the team needs.

Well, if you’re right and he is off, let’s see where he ends up.

If he’s as bad as you say, I’m sure he’ll be going down to non-league. Maybe even a swap deal for a Weymouth player?

If he does go I think he’ll end up playing a higher level than us.

He may get a move to a higher level but how much he plays at that level will be interesting. For whatever reason 4 managers at Roots Hall don’t appear to have been convinced by some aspect of his game. Maybe a move and a change will spark something.

He may get a move to a higher level but how much he plays at that level will be interesting. For whatever reason 4 managers at Roots Hall don’t appear to have been convinced by some aspect of his game. Maybe a move and a change will spark something.

With 40+ appearances over less than 2 years aged 17-19 you could argue all managers saw plenty they did like?

For some reason he was never afforded the leniencies of the areas of weakness in his game that all young players have and all our other young players have been afford when being critiqued. Judgement always seemed to have less patience almost like we forgot how young he was in what we all agree has been a tough time especially for midfielders.

If he goes, good luck to him.

Last edited:
With 40+ appearances over less than 2 years aged 17-19 you could argue all managers saw plenty they did like?
That may well be true, but as most on here know bugger all about what actually happens behind the scenes and are not in the various managers' heads they will surmise instead with all the lack of balance that can sometimes produce. That's the beauty and the beast of football forums, you get warts and all views.

Bit of advice requested please; I see that Taylor and Macca are announced as loan signings until January. Is that a kind of standard amount of time to see if they 'fit in and produce' or would there normally be a caveat to remain longer ? TIA ?

Back