• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

L2 playoff semi

Just watching the Col U v Exeter game and have to say it isnt the best game of football I have ever seen. If these 2 made the playoffs what are the others like, obviously could be an off night for nothing teams having not played for a while.

A combination of a few things, also the ones you mentioned.

Frank Nouble and Luke Prosser are playing despite being told there contracts will not be renewed. Also, there is obviously no fans/atmosphere which for me is more substantial than previously warned. Just soulless.

Exeter lost their paces & attacking strength, played like an Ryman League Division One side.

Nouble's skills were worth a watch.
As said, he was doing the community a favour by socially distancing from the ball after his first touch.
God! The standard is ropey.
Did anyone clock the Col Ewe banner to the fore in a previous Football Lads Alliance march?

Last edited:
A combination of a few things, also the ones you mentioned.

Frank Nouble and Luke Prosser are playing despite being told there contracts will not be renewed. Also, there is obviously no fans/atmosphere which for me is more substantial than previously warned. Just soulless.
Don’t disagree just saying they quality wasnt good

Did anyone clocked the Col Ewe banner to the fore in a previous Football Lads Alliance march?

Probably the same small mob who came to Roots Hall a few years ago, and ended up with tears before bedtime.

Bunch of slack-jawed yokels, who are double hard in a crowd, or hiding behind a cordon.

Not the players fault but it’s awful with no atmosphere, these are massive end of season play offs and it sounds like a friendly. It must be hard to get motivated for that

The dubbed in sound in the Prem games actually sounds quite good when you realise this is the alternative

Top class free kick by Col Utd, if it was shown in premier league, people would be talking about it non stop
Thought their youngsters looked and did well

Thought Cheltenham looked a decent side and based on the 4 teams look the best of an average bunch. Would take col Utd and Northampton staying down. A couple of less northern journeys to make

Good performance by Cheltenham, they look a strong footballing side on the lines of Crewe. Northampton's performance reminded me of us! Plenty of effort, plenty of chances, no goals........

It was an enjoyable game to watch though and I didn't really miss the crowd, perhaps because the subs and other staff were making so much noise!

Personally, I think it was outrageous to give these clubs pretty much a week's notice that they'd be playing a play off game. I cannot understand why they didn't work on the same basis as League One and at least give the players a chance of getting fit.

Exeter and Colchester are much better than what turned up last night, I think the pressure of the tie and the lack of fans really affected both sides.
I was at the game between these 2 teams in January— among a decent-sized crowd (which means it was at Exeter of course).Exeter were appreciably better-Colchester still embarrassingly poor and negative.

Back