• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

L2 playoff semi

Apart from Swindon, everyone I saw this season was ****. The worst standard I’ve ever seen in League Two.

It's funny how we all see teams differently Jonny, we played Swindon in the Carabao cup and beat them 3-0, 3-0 away from home and 3-1 at home, I didn't think they were that great, a one man team for much of the season, stop Doyle and they were beaten!

I should add to the statement I made last night. In showing some empathy for fellow supporters, I do understand how gut wrenchingly awful it is to lose in the play-offs (though not as bad as losing in the Final!), for our northern neighbours. I'm sure they will understand the spirit in which it was said. Of course, it's not just the humiliation of being replaced by them in League, it's also the pleasure of knowing (as with Orient) that our, on the pitch, rivalry can recommence. One searches desperately for any scrap of news which is not bad (I hesitate to say any good news.............for me, there is no good news as far as League Two is concerned) regarding next season.....................if and when it gets under way

To be honest Yogi, I am not that bothered, in many ways it is better to do well in league 2 rather than struggle in league 1. With our crowds it is a miracle we do as well as we do, in these harsh financial times we all should just be pleased to see our teams survive.

I also watched the Cheltenham v Northampton game, assuming it would be a cake walk for Cheltenham who looked so good in the first leg. Instead they were blown away by a Northampton performance that was breathtaking in terms of fitness and attitude. A really enjoyable game to watch, much better than watching Man City thrash Brighton without breaking sweat. That's why I love lower league football. Stuff the Premiership.

I also watched the Cheltenham v Northampton game, assuming it would be a cake walk for Cheltenham who looked so good in the first leg. Instead they were blown away by a Northampton performance that was breathtaking in terms of fitness and attitude. A really enjoyable game to watch, much better than watching Man City thrash Brighton without breaking sweat. That's why I love lower league football. Stuff the Premiership.
Think you mean Man City v Burnley but that kind of proves your point ?.. personally I watched the Col U game to see our ex players in action, skipped Cheltenham-Northampton. What is fascinating is the total absence of home advantage with no crowds.

Think you mean Man City v Burnley but that kind of proves your point ?.. personally I watched the Col U game to see our ex players in action, skipped Cheltenham-Northampton. What is fascinating is the total absence of home advantage with no crowds.

Yes, Burnley, Shmurnley, whatever. ? Good point about the lack of a crowd and its impact on the teams. You'd have thought that familiarity with the stadium and pitch would have counted for something though?

You'd have thought that familiarity with the stadium and pitch would have counted for something though?

Home wins in the Bundesliga have absolutely plummeted under lockdown. I think the ‘familiarity’ with a stadium works against a home team, as it’s unfamiliarity in a familiar setting which probably makes it even more weird. That, and as we know lower league refs are so weak and p*sspoor that they get unduly influenced by a home crowd.

It's funny how we all see teams differently Jonny, we played Swindon in the Carabao cup and beat them 3-0, 3-0 away from home and 3-1 at home, I didn't think they were that great, a one man team for much of the season, stop Doyle and they were beaten!

Doyle wasn’t really a factor; Isgrove and Woolery tore us a new one. They played us off the park. Forest Green did that as well, but then didn’t win for about 12 games.

Back