• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

DTS

The Business
Without meaning to cause offence to anyone wearing this label I have really noticed Lonsdale seem to be every where but worn by loads of tramps.

My old work mate Ben had a pair of Londsdale trainers about 2 years ago and I thought they were ok.
suspect.gif
First time I had come across them.

However last few months I have noticed that its become clothes of the chavs and pikies.

I was in my local near Brighton last week and the local w%&ker who I hate had a rip off adidas top with LONSDALE in massive letters on it.

Today I walk to my local Sainsburys in Borough High Street I must have seen 20 Lonsdale tops being worn by the vast number of West Africans in the streets.

Anyone else got any other labels that the pikies have stolen and made their own.....

DtS

I know a girl who used to love Burberry scarves up until about five years ago when I broke the news to her. She was the same girl who was devastated to find those werid, fluffy tracksuits had made an impact in council estates up and down the country.

I'm wearing an old Von Dutch t-shirt at the moment which has been relegated to 'emergency use', thanks to the great unwashed adopting it two years ago.

God, I'm such a snob.

The weirdest one for me is Lacoste - which 5 years ago would have been considered a bit posh and a bit French... but then last Christmas, I saw a Lacoste shop in Glasgow which had two huge bouncers on the door in order to restrict the number of neds (*) in the shop at any time to no more than three. I was pretty surprised by that one, I can tell you!

oops.gif

Matt

(*ned = Glaswegian chav)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Oct. 16 2006,14:51)]The weirdest one for me is Lacoste - which 5 years ago would have been considered a bit posh and a bit French... but then last Christmas, I saw a Lacoste shop in Glasgow which had two huge bouncers on the door in order to restrict the number of neds (*) in the shop at any time to no more than three. I was pretty surprised by that one, I can tell you!

oops.gif

Matt

(*ned = Glaswegian chav)
You should see it when the sales are on!

Its because they sell them in Soccer Scene or what ever its called, its the pikey shop in the Eastgate in Basildon.

They give things away in that place , everything is less than a tenner and Basildon is full of people kitted out in Donnay and lonsdale.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ Oct. 16 2006,16:05)]I bet Kappa never saw their brand go the way it did.

I blame Matalan.
I had a Kappa jacket in 1995, it was brilliant. I looked like a cross between Tim Burgess and an Italian substitute striker; all hair and go-faster stripes.

Viz launched their Kappa Slappa cartoon strip not long afterwards and I damn nearly burst into tears.

Still, probably a good job. One cigarette end on that thing and I've gone up like a skinny roman candle.

Lonsdale is going extremely cheaply at SportsWorld at the retail park near the airport. Loads of Council Housed And Violent people in there last Saturday
mad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (scrounger700 @ Oct. 16 2006,17:46)]Lonsdale is going extremely cheaply at SportsWorld at the retail park near the airport. Loads of Council Housed And Violent people in there last Saturday  
mad.gif
Family outing with the missus was it?!
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Einstein @ Oct. 16 2006,18:00)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (scrounger700 @ Oct. 16 2006,17:46)]Lonsdale is going extremely cheaply at SportsWorld at the retail park near the airport. Loads of Council Housed And Violent people in there last Saturday  
mad.gif
Family outing with the missus was it?!  
tounge.gif
wow.gif
laugh.gif

I feel selfish now worrying about the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan when there are other more important issues closer to home.

Can't see why people wear Lonsdale trainers myself. The soles are about 2 millimeters thick, they wear out inside 6 months. I should know, I used to wear them, until I got some reebok classics on the weekend. Now there's a trainer worth wearing.

ysl is being worn alot more now by the poorer people shall we call them, i used to wear ysl a bit but have started not wearing it as often, i believe this is all due to it being sold in sports and soccer

I used to buy a lot of clobber from Gieves and Hawkes but it's all over the place now and being worn by two bob mugs.

Cheers.

problem is Chavs like Smiffy have taken Stone Island which was once a respected terrace kit long gone now! Aquascutum is going the same way!

...least we still have Paul & Shark!

Back