• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Labour Admits Mistakes, Finally

Labour should have ditched all the upper middle class career politicians who let us down last time and started again.

They will be in opposition for a long time.......

Nope,only until 2015, even with Egg Miliband in charge.:winking:
I wouldn't bet on that...........another coalition government is more likely.
And the main issues that the next election will be about haven't changed since the last time around; labour ruination of the economy & debt, IMMIGRATION, NHS, Europe.
To my mind no party has true "vote winning ideas on most of this stuff; although the tories have more mud to throw at labour still about all of them............and sometimes mud sticks.

HTML:
I wouldn't bet on that...........another coalition government is more likely.

I already have.:winking:While I would agree that Labour don't look set for a working majority at the minute, any post 2015 coalition would have to be a Lab/Lib one.

And the main issues that the next election will be about haven't changed since the last time around; labour ruination of the economy & debt, IMMIGRATION, NHS, Europe.

Polls regulary show that Europe isn't the main issues even amonst UKIP voters.The economy is.Europe isn't the major issue for Tory voters either.The economy is.

To my mind no party has true "vote winning ideas on most of this stuff; although the tories have more mud to throw at labour still about all of them............and sometimes mud sticks.

To my mind, it's up to Labour (and Miliband)in the next 21 months, to get the message across that the cuts imposed by the Tories haven't achieved their objectives.While the deficit has been cut, no significant growth has been achieved.The fact is, that Labour back in 2010, handed over the economy in better shape than it is in now.

There is currently a "cost of living" crisis in the UK (and Europe)where prices are rising demonstrably higher than wages.

Do you feel better off now than in 2010? I know I don't.That's the question that needs to be posed again and again to the British electorate.

Mililband is not a national leader in any sense, and for sure NOT an international figure; Putin/Obama/Holland/Merkal would laugh at negotiating with his schoolboy style ideas.
The question is not "how do I feel now" but could I have trusted labour in 2010 (NO!) and could I trust Labour in 2015, again the answer is no. I don't trust the tories either on anything (especially social responsibilities) BUT I distrust them (Labour) less on the economy which is top of many voting agendas.
AND finally all main parties are institutionally corrupt and bereft of soul and virtue at present.

The fact is, that Labour back in 2010, handed over the economy in better shape than it is in now.
You're joking right :hilarious:

There is currently a "cost of living" crisis in the UK (and Europe)where prices are rising demonstrably higher than wages.
But wasn't it annouced yesterday that the UK, France and German econimes had all grown at better than expected rates. That's going to create jobs which pay wages which will improve once stability is achieved.

Do you feel better off now than in 2010? I know I don't.That's the question that needs to be posed again and again to the British electorate.
Or in your case the Spainish electorate. You know, that country you live in.

To my mind, it's up to Labour (and Miliband)in the next 21 months, to get the message across that the cuts imposed by the Tories haven't achieved their objectives.While the deficit has been cut, no significant growth has been achieved.

Just so I'm clear, you think Labour should focus on the government cuts not achieving their objective (of reducing the deficit) then in the next sentence you acknowledge that the deficit has been cut, thus the cuts have achieved the objective????

The fact is, that Labour back in 2010, handed over the economy in better shape than it is in now.

Aside from the fact that this isn't true, it is akin to saying that the arsonist should be welcomed back because he didn't slam the front door just after torching the house.

You've been reading your Labour press releases I see.

Yes, I do, though that has nothing to do with the government. I suggest the two questions that will be posed are the following:

- do you really want weak Miliband as PM?
- would you trust weak Miliband and Balls with the fragile recovery when they destroyed the economy in 2008?

Sorry BarnatangledBlue but your Labour Party of 2004 onwards are like Trigger's broom; the handle has been replaced too many times, as has the bristles: & this current Labour Party may wave the same red flag BUT it is a very different and inferior version to those that have gone before it.
Miliband & Mr & Mrs Balls are a nightmare scenario and almost perfect storm.

Mililband is not a national leader in any sense, and for sure NOT an international figure; Putin/Obama/Holland/Merkal would laugh at negotiating with his schoolboy style ideas.

You would do well to recall Churchill's famous comment about Clem. Atlee:- "He's a modest little man, with a lot to be modest about."

Yet Atlee went on to become an essential member of Churchill's wartime coalition cabinet and the greatest leader of the Labour party that the UK has ever had, in the 1945-51 post-war Labour government.

Great or even good party leaders rarely look the part in opposition.Thatcher famously did not impress across the depatch box against Callaghan but we all know what she achieved in office.Probably the last leader of the oppostion to really shine in that role was Harold Wilson in the early 60's.But he was faced with an ailing MacMillan and an obviously incompetent,Lord Hume.

I remember a (Labour supporting ) friend asking me what I thought of Cameron, shortly after he was elected Tory leader.I replied that it was too soon to tell and the great advantages he had were his youth and the fact that he was relatively unknown.
In office, Cameron (and I'm no fan), has proved to be intelligent,pragmatic and capable of cleverly uniting (for the time being at least) the Tory party over Europe.Something that has caused civil war in the Tories for over 20 years now and even brought down Thatcher.

Milliband is a wet blanket.

Said it all along since he was voted in that they put the wrong brother in charge.

People want a strong leader, Milliband looks like a little boy lost.

You would do well to recall Churchill's famous comment about Clem. Atlee:- "He's a modest little man, with a lot to be modest about."

Yet Atlee went on to become an essential member of Churchill's wartime coalition cabinet and the greatest leader of the Labour party that the UK has ever had, in the 1945-51 post-war Labour government.

Great or even good party leaders rarely look the part in opposition.Thatcher famously did not impress across the depatch box against Callaghan but we all know what she achieved in office.Probably the last leader of the oppostion to really shine in that role was Harold Wilson in the early 60's.But he was faced with an ailing MacMillan and an obviously incompetent,Lord Hume.

I remember a (Labour supporting ) friend asking me what I thought of Cameron, shortly after he was elected Tory leader.I replied that it was too soon to tell and the great advantages he had were his youth and the fact that he was relatively unknown.
In office, Cameron (and I'm no fan), has proved to be intelligent,pragmatic and capable of cleverly uniting (for the time being at least) the Tory party over Europe.Something that has caused civil war in the Tories for over 20 years now and even brought down Thatcher.
Atlee was older, more experienced, had a life before politics and as you point out great personalities to learn from & with. I am not a Tory and I also think that Cameron and most of his cabinet; especially Osbourne have little real knowledge and experience of dealing with the issues faced by the current society, economy and foreign policy. IMO they ALL appear just to act on what is best for their gaggle and not long term for the nation.

But wasn't it annouced yesterday that the UK, France and German econimes had all grown at better than expected rates. That's going to create jobs which pay wages which will improve once stability is achieved.

Welcome as they are, personally I wouldn't get to carried away by one quarter's growth figures.I certainly haven't seen much sign of growth in France or Spain recently.

Just so I'm clear, you think Labour should focus on the government cuts not achieving their objective (of reducing the deficit) then in the next sentence you acknowledge that the deficit has been cut, thus the cuts have achieved the objective????

Presumably, the objectives of the cuts are to rebalance the British economy, in order to achieve growth.While the deficit has been cut by some 25%-this has now stalled and as I said before, no significant growth has been achieved.

Aside from the fact that this isn't true, it is akin to saying that the arsonist should be welcomed back because he didn't slam the front door just after torching the house.

The last Labour govenment handed over an economy which was growing (albeit modestly).That is my truth and you will hear it quite a lot in the run up to the 2015 election.
As Nye Bevan used to say:-This my truth.Tell me yours."

Presumably, the objectives of the cuts are to rebalance the British economy, in order to achieve growth.While the deficit has been cut by some 25%-this has now stalled and as I said before, no significant growth has been achieved.

I thought a change of name may bring a change of fortune for you, Barna. It seems not. In your original post you said the objective of the cuts was to reduce the deficit. You now seem to be changing your position.

The last Labour govenment handed over an economy which was growing (albeit modestly).

You can't be serious.... I'd like to give you a house, Barna, and you can have a choice from two:

House A - This house was appreciating in value very quickly in the early 2000s but the careless builder/owner didn't bother with foundations for the extension. It fell down, damaging 10% of the main structure, which still isn't repaired. The value of the house lost 15% and there is now a mortgage of 80% of the value. In the last six months though the value has gone up 1%.

House B - This house is next door to House A but the owner didn't bother with the extension. Structurally it is sound, the mortgage is less than 40% of the value. The value hasn't increased at all in the last six months.

Which house would you like, Barna? By your logic you think House A is the best option.

Back