• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Labour and the General Election

This forum atm seems to reflect the state of politics these days. It seems it is all about winning points whether it is The Cons over Labour or visa versa...It happens far too often in PM's question time and now the papers and media have joined in...Rather than try to see the best for the people of this country who voted them in albeit with a coalition, it is all childish rhetoric.

Why not debate valid points and what is best for the country and the people overall which is what the politicians should do, rather than all this he said/she said point scoring bollocks.

_80583603_torytweet.png

Could be worrying times ahead........

Perhaps you can tell us how Cameron's "life experiences" qualify him as a man of the people, (or even Farage's, for that matter)?

At least Miliband went to a local comprehensive school.Which is rather more than Call me Dave or NF can claim.

Absolutely this.... any man who knows the the price of a pint of milk...can put 5p in a Romanians begging bowl (avoiding any eye contact)...tackle a bacon sarnie with ease is truly a man of the people (and in indeed a feminist).
He's a master of twitter (who can forget his Bob holness rip tweet)...with his finger on the pulse...here I'm thinking of the time he combined woeful stupidity with artful cunning by condemning the Tories for continuing a policy that his own party had implemented.
Like an Elephant he never forgets (The Deficit etc), and never looks awkward in a photo.

Really he's great....

I challenged you and others to demonstrate what made Cameron and Farage men of the people.

All you can come up with is more criticism of Miliband.

Is that really the best you can do?

Looks like Cricko's right.

This forum atm seems to reflect the state of politics these days. It seems it is all about winning points whether it is The Cons over Labour or visa versa...It happens far too often in PM's question time and now the papers and media have joined in...Rather than try to see the best for the people of this country who voted them in albeit with a coalition, it is all childish rhetoric.

Why not debate valid points and what is best for the country and the people overall which is what the politicians should do, rather than all this he said/she said point scoring bollocks.

I tried that on the NHS thread but gave up. Slagging each other off is easy; never under-estimate the attraction of the easy option.

or the makeup of the "not fit for purpose" Rotherham Metropolitan Borough Council

The Metropolitan Borough of Rotherham was founded in 1974, and Labour have been in control of the council since the first election.
YearLabourUKIPConservativeOthersBNP
2014 election[SUP][4][/SUP]5010210
2012 election[SUP][5][/SUP]580410
2011 election[SUP][6][/SUP]540711
2010 election[SUP][7][/SUP]5001021
2008 election[SUP][2][/SUP]5001012
2007 election[SUP][8][/SUP]540720

I was going to bring that up a little later but what the hell

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-31130750

This one won't ever be swept under the carpet.

1400 kids abused and this was what Sarah Champion the Labour MP for Rotherham had to say.

1aaaRotherham10.jpg

Is that what they call deflecting blame from the core vote?

FYI,I certainly don't support child abuse (and nor does anyone in their right mind).

FWIW,I am the proud father of two (now) adult, young daughters.

Why you (and others) feel the need to make political capital out of a terrible issue like this,frankly I don't understand.

Please explain.

because it was a Labour administration whose bullying culture and political correctness (i.e. a Muslim can do no wrong, they are an oppressed minority etc etc) meant that they disabled their officers from doing their duty.

Back