• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Labour/SNP coalition

It never was particularly appealing in the first place. Now it's just a plain worry that Milliband will in all likelihood invite the SNP to join him in running this country into the ground if he becomes PM. Even his frontbench is concerned and he has ignored them so what fate for the rest of us?

It's all becoming pathetic IMO . It is like kids in a play ground..be in my team, no I want them....The electorate are treated like idiots, we just have to sit here and twiddle our toes whilst they play bat and ball and use mind games with each other.

It is truly sickening.

Most of that article is complete toss. It's the Daily Mail.

Likelihood is the next government will be coalition but does it really matter - how much influence have the Lib Dems had in the current coalition - none. Lib Dems, SNP or UKIP will make up the numbers, and will have zero influence.
isn't the danger what the SNP demand as the price of coalition?

Most of that article is complete toss. It's the Daily Mail.

Likelihood is the next government will be coalition but does it really matter - how much influence have the Lib Dems had in the current coalition - none. Lib Dems, SNP or UKIP will make up the numbers, and will have zero influence.

Just because you say it's tosh doesn't make it so. A potential 59 MP's from the SNP is not making up the numbers and Sturgeon[led almost certainly by Salmond] will want plenty of cast iron promises that will be purely for the benefit of Scotland at the rest of the UK's expense. If you see that zero influence then you are as deluded as I would be saying Farage will become PM.

Hey if it keeps CaMoron out everyone's a winner..:happy:

You once said to me 'I had ten good years but thanks to this recession I'm expecting at least five bad ones' Do you really think Milliband will make everything better while making a pact with the devil? Everything he says hinges on the fabled 'Mansion Tax'which has been quoted as being spent on everything from the NHS to youth unemployment. The SNP's demands will swallow that up in the first week of office. I doubt very much that there will be any winners apart from Scotland, again.

Who wants to keep Trident anyway?

Also austerity measures clearly haven't worked so it's time for a change.

A change to what? Millibands figures don't add up, the SNP's figures don't add up. I know you don't really give a toss just so long as the UK fails as a nation but a change to what's on offer will relegate this country to marginally higher than third world status.

Oh, and the UK has the fastest growing economy in Western Europe so that blows your bollocks straight out of the water as usual.

Just because you say it's tosh doesn't make it so. A potential 59 MP's from the SNP is not making up the numbers and Sturgeon[led almost certainly by Salmond] will want plenty of cast iron promises that will be purely for the benefit of Scotland at the rest of the UK's expense. If you see that zero influence then you are as deluded as I would be saying Farage will become PM.
and what exactly are they going to demand that Cameron didn't already give them for free?
And Trident is not something they are insisting on - they have already stated that.

A change to what? Millibands figures don't add up, the SNP's figures don't add up. I know you don't really give a toss just so long as the UK fails as a nation but a change to what's on offer will relegate this country to marginally higher than third world status.

I'm a British patriot,remember.

This is, I think, the most seminal GB election since 1979.

The whole of Europe (and not just the UK) needs to ditch austerity measures,which as I said,clearly haven't worked.

If the SNP tweaks Labour's tail in that regard,I certainly won't be complaining.

I never said anything about Trident.
I was just getting that out of the way as until very recently that was assumed to be what they would want.

Cameron gave them a referendum for no apparent reason - presumably as a distraction - we now need a government who will not cave in to SNP and as the Tories didn't do that it must be time to give Labour a go....

I'm a British patriot,remember.

This is, I think, the most seminal GB election since 1979.

The whole of Europe (and not just the UK) needs to ditch austerity measures,which as I said,clearly haven't worked.

If the SNP tweaks Labour's tail in that regard,I certainly won't be complaining.

Oh yes, how could I forget you being such a patriot. Come on then genius, what replaces austerity to rebuild the economy and lead us all to the promised land.

I was just getting that out of the way as until very recently that was assumed to be what they would want.

Cameron gave them a referendum for no apparent reason - presumably as a distraction - we now need a government who will not cave in to SNP and as the Tories didn't do that it must be time to give Labour a go....

How can labour form a government with the SNP without caving into their demands?

That is certainly official party policy but according to the Daily Politics last week, some 50% of Labour MP's now oppose it, as do some 75% of Labour's Parliamentary candidates.

So they have a policy but they don't agree with it.

Astounding.

I dunno about giving them Trident, I wouldn't trust them with a pea-shooter. I fail to see how going into coalition with a party that wants to split the union can possibly be seen as a good thing. Granted, Cameron showed absolutely no back bone with giving them a referendum but I'll have a gentleman's bet with you right now that one of the conditions for coalition will be another vote for independence and bigger budgets for Scotland at the rest of the UK's expense.

Back