• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Landing to watch shrimpers v Notts and Dorking from Oz in Nov Best ticket to buy?

If you want atmosphere then agree west stand towards the North part of the stand - not too near the front.

If you want a great view, then south upper.

You could become an East Green Ultra as the view is better than the West.

If you want to say hello to Stan then the Captains bar. Higher price but you sitting above the Bench and Kev may look up for some advice.

West for atmosphere, try to get nearer centre line but north side. Best views of both goal areas are similar in East close to directors box but half way back, with a David Crown Hospality afternoon a special delight. South Upper has great views of south goal, long view for north goal.
Besides the Crownie hospitality I also recommend a few beers at West Road tap and fish and chips at either Oldhams or Fish House before games.

Tickets bought for west stand for both games. Best place for a pint before the game?
As MG says probably the Tap these days (though it certainly used to be The Cricketers).

Also FWIW although the West is great for atmosphere ,There are far too many pillars IMO,which Is why I prefer the East.

Which is bordering on one of the worst places in the world for a beer you could imagine. In terms of a decent pint, then the West Road Tap has to be the place.
Yes you are so right the other non alcoholic bar in the west isn't much better at least the TV works in the other one frankly none of the so call facilities are up to much

Tickets bought for west stand for both games. Best place for a pint before the game?
I believe the Notts County game on a Tuesday night and I be early in the Blue Boar from 3pm as they do happy hour weekdays from 3pm to 6pm

I can get ****ed on a score

Hahahaha

Yes you are so right the other non alcoholic bar in the west isn't much better at least the TV works in the other one frankly none of the so call facilities are up to much
Absolutely spot on the food and bar offerings leave a lot of room for improvement, seems staff lack experienced leadership to deliver hot food quickly , cold pies anyone! they'll be hot by the final whistle , a barrel occasionally of real ale would be nice or pins plenty of small brewing outfits in essex or boxes of Cider and pasties when playing West Country teams , Pie mash oh come on Theme games could be good earner.

Back