• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Laptop Experts

Ricey

I’m a Mod, that’s unpossible⭐⭐
Staff member
The fan on my laptop is always on and its starting to **** me off. Anyone know if there is anything I can do to stop it staying on all the bloody time?

No mate. It needs to be on to cool the processor or computer will be no worky soon enough.

I used to have a really loud fan and it is indeed annoying but given that it is stopping your chip from meltdown, I would advise keeping it on.

Either that or press Alt+Shift+left which might fix it.

Go on the manufactureres website , and look for BIOS updates , there some times have newer versions of this with better fan control.

Failing that its overheating ;) (or starting to)

I have insurance on it so if anything goes wrong the tech guys can sort it out ;)

Thanks for the help guys I suppose I will just have to cope with it constantly on the stupid fan.

Cheers for that Firestorm :p . I haven't had to deal with them yet so hopefully.... they know what they are on about.

Bad experience with them last year, They told me they could find nothing wrong with my PC when I took it in 2 months before the 3 year warranty I had bought expired. I got it home and the same problem occurred, after going backwards and forwards a couple more times , I pointed out that the warranty was close to expiring and it was 6 weeks since i had reported the fault , they said not to worry as it was the day the fault was first reported that mattered.
Eventually when I took in pages of websites outlining similar power supply problem, the said that the warranty had expired and as they had not actually done any work on the PC I could not claim. I argued the toss and got it done eventually....they changed the motherboard ! I got it home and it was still the same problem ! they then had the PC a further month before announcing "We've found it !! , It was the power supply you know."

Useless fe**ers

Hang on Rob, I'll jump in my Tardis and pop back to mention it to Ricey in 2008. :facepalm:

Oh yeah! Didn't spot that! Still, might help someone else out though.

Incidentally I have a time-machine that really works. I will tell you about it yesterday. :)

Back