• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Laptop hard cases

Mad Cyril

The Fresh Prince of Belfairs⭐⭐
I am looking for a hard plastic foam lined laptop case that will take a 15 inch Macbook Pro.

Any recommendations? There is surprisingly little online..

I am looking for a hard plastic foam lined laptop case that will take a 15 inch Macbook Pro.

Any recommendations? There is surprisingly little online..

I had same issue with my macbook. Ended up getting a flight case type one made by a mate who does DJ equipment. Moaned like hell at him for about 8 weeks before he agreed.

Does it have to be a hard case ?

I had same issue with my macbook. Ended up getting a flight case type one made by a mate who does DJ equipment. Moaned like hell at him for about 8 weeks before he agreed.

Does it have to be a hard case ?

Hard or semi hard...

As you are aware Macbook Pros are not exactly cheap and I am taking mine to France in a holdall with ski gear.

Pelican are the only brand I have found that supply what I need. I am looking at £90-110 to fit a 15" Mac.

Sadly, I think you may need to go for it. I know that in the Civil Service we have them for trips abroad (if you can get clearance to take a laptop, which often isn’t the case - even France doesn’t allow govt laptops). I don’t know what brand we use though. We may well make them ourselves - somewhere like CAST in the Home Office might do it.

Upshot is I don’t think there’s wide demand. Pelican looks like the only one I can see that meets the requirements you listed. Can you expense the cost?

I have gone for a Peli case. £90 but can pay for it through company and it is top quality. I imagine I will have more Macbooks in the future so a good investment.

Last edited:
Back