• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Large screen at the hall for 1st leg

northbankblue

As i and many true blues who are the merry band of followers who regularly make up the 3-400 away fans during many normal seasons, im sure you will all be mad about the fact that getting tickets for the 1st leg will be very hard.

So Mr Martin how about a big screen on the pitch at the hall for the many who wont be able to get into the poxy sixfields.

The real fans who go everwhere should be the 1st to get tickets for northampton but it wont happen a very angry blue!!

The club tried the big screen option for the game at Orient but they needed a big commitment from the fans. At the end of the day just a couple of hundred said that they would watch it on the big screen (for an admission fee ~ the club had to recoup the enormous cost of it) so it was a non-starter.

WS

how about subsidised travel mr martin ? after all we do get a nice fee for appearing on sky. my pockets are running on empty, especially having to renew the familys season tickets this month
sad.gif

Im sure the club like the fact that they've got another 10,000+ crowd coming on, 2 lots of games with Sky there and perhaps another trip to Cardiff to organise and make more money.

Mind you, we still aint seen last years accounts so we'll be waiting ages for this years. We surely must have made money this season?

I seem to recall that the play-off teams do not see much, if any, of the play-off revenue (gate receipts and tv money). I believe it all goes to the Football Laeague to then be divied out pretty much equally amongst all 24 League Two teams.

Can anyone confirm?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ May 08 2005,10:33)]Mind you, we still aint seen last years accounts so we'll be waiting ages for this years. We surely must have made money this season?
Carefull Kev, you don't want to get a yellow card.

rock.gif

No he will not get a yellow card, as he has based his opinion on the truth and not intimated that the clubs is doing anything unlawful per se.

Unlike the infamous attendence threads.

cool.gif

I'd much rather watch in a pub near the ground rather than a screen in the ground itself.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Beefy @ May 08 2005,16:09)]I'd much rather watch in a pub near the ground rather than a screen in the ground itself.
Imagine the atmosphere if we filled out the RH pubs with Shrimpers as they spill on to the streets celebarating a chance to set the Cardiff record straight.

All gate receipt money from all the play-off semis and finals as well as TV money is shared equally between the four teams involved.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (McScriven @ May 08 2005,20:05)]All gate receipt money from all the play-off semis and finals as well as TV money is shared equally between the four teams involved.
thats a big result for macclesfield
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matty the Shrimper @ May 08 2005,21:36)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (shoebury_shrimper @ May 08 2005,20:37)]How many do you think Maccy will take to Cardiff if they get there? 6/7000?
If theyre lucky
Well 2.6k for their home game on sat which decided if or not they would secure home advantage in the playoffs suggests to me 5k @ Cardiff absolute tops!!!

Back