• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Lars Unger

Napster

No ⭐
As of March 2008, playing for Brinkumer SV

Allrounder fühlt sich im Sturm am wohlsten
Fußball-Verbandsliga: Lars Unger vom Brinkumer SV ist flexibel einsetzbar und stets präsent auf dem Platz

Von unserem Redaktionsmitglied
Arndt Möhlmann

BRINKUM. Über Allrounder, die auf mehreren Positionen einsetzbar sind, freut sich jeder Trainer. Auch Klaus Gelsdorf, Coach des Fußball-Verbandsligisten Brinkumer SV, hat solch einen Akteur in seinen Reihen. Die Rede ist von Lars Unger.In der Partie gegen Tura Bremen spielte der ehemalige Werder-Profi auf der zentralen Position in der Abwehrreihe. Diesen Posten hat er auch schon zu Beginn der Serie bekleidet. Unger ist in dieser Saison auch schon im Mittelfeld und im Sturm aufgeboten worden. "Lars hat eine gute fußballerische Ausbildung genossen. Daher ist er flexibel einsetzbar. Er ist immer präsent auf dem Platz", lobt Gelsdorf.Bei der Frage nach seiner Lieblingsposition zeigt sich der 35-Jährige diplomatisch: "Ich spiele da, wo ich gebraucht werde. Im Sturm fühle ich mich aber schon wohl." Dies zeigte er auch in der Begegnung gegen Tura Bremen. Unger konzentrierte sich keineswegs nur auf seine Defensivaufgaben, sondern schaltete sich immer wieder ins Angriffsspiel der Brinkumer ein. Es gelang ihm auch ein Kopfballtor nach einem Freistoß von Rene Thiel. "Da Tura nur mit einem Stürmer gespielt hat und wir wenig gefordert worden sind, hat es sich natürlich angeboten, mich nach vorne einzuschalten", erklärte der Routinier. Gespräche, ob Unger in der kommenden Saison weiter in Brinkum spielt, stehen noch aus. Obwohl er beruflich sehr eingespannt ist, würde er ganz gerne weitermachen. In Sachen Punktspielbetrieb geht es am Ostermontag (24. März) mit dem Heimspiel gegen den Habenhauser FV weiter. Wobei Ungers Position noch offen ist. Er ist eben ein Allrounder

Im sorry, anyone else having trouble reading that

No, none at all!

;)

OK, just for you I have done the usual Southampton translation service, no computer rubbishy translations, just me:

UTILITY PLAYER FEELS HAPPIEST IN ATTACK

Verbandsliga: Lars Unger of SV Brinkum is used flexibly and is always present on the pitch

By our reporter Arndt Möhlmann

BRINKUM. Utility players who can be used in several positions are appreciated by any manager. Klaus Gelsdorf, the coach of SV Brinkum in the Verbandsliga*, has one such player in his ranks – Lars Unger. In the match against Tura Bremen the ex-Werder Bremen man played in the centre of the defence, where he featured at the start of the season. Unger has also appeared in midfield and up front this term. “Lars has enjoyed a good footballing education. That’s why he can be used anywhere. He is always present on the pitch,” praised Gelsdorf. When asked about his favoured position the 35-year-old answered diplomatically. “I play where I’m needed, but I do like to play up front.” He also showed this in the game against Tura Bremen. Unger didn’t just limit himself to his defensive duties, but repeatedly moved forwards in several Brinkum attacks. He even managed a headed goal from a Rene Thiel free kick. “As Tura only played with one striker and we weren’t being put under much threat, the opportunity came up of course for me to switch up front,” the old hand explained. Discussions about whether Unger will still be playing in Brinkum next season are yet to take place. Although professionally he is very busy, he would very much like to carry on. The business of fighting for three points continues on Easter Monday (24th March) with the home game against FV Habenhausen. Unger's position is still to be decided – he is after all a utility player.

* The Verbandsliga is a regional league, the sixth tier of German football, so roughly equivalent to the level below the Conference.

This article was clearly written at Easter this year, I can't seem to find anything to show whether those discussions turned out positively for Lars and that he's still there.....

Check out this aerial shot of Lars, taken from April - he's the one leaping the highest

http://www.ballschule-nord.de/mam/ballschule/pdf/20080410_ballschule_nordbrinkum.pdf

I didn't really pay much attention to the articles around that picture yesterday - too busy translating Napster's other article!! - but the photo and the surrounding articles are all from the top of the table Verbandsliga clash back in April between SV Brinkum and SV Bremen.

By all accounts, it seems it was a pretty lively game. Bremen's Jan Friehe got sent off for a second yellow card in the 52nd minute and Brinkum's René Thiel got a straight red in the 80th minute. Just as it looked like it was heading for a 0-0 draw, up pops Lars Unger to score for Brinkum in the 89th minute. But then Stefan Meyer, who'd only just come on, equalised for Bremen a minute later. So, 1-1 it ended up, and was watched by a crowd of 150.

This article was clearly written at Easter this year, I can't seem to find anything to show whether those discussions turned out positively for Lars and that he's still there.....

I have continued looking into this, and have asked a friend in Germany to look into it as well. I still haven't been able to find out with 100% certainty, but it certainly does appear that Lars is still at SV Brinkum, although I'm not sure if he's actually playing at the moment. The team are doing extremely well, they are second in the Bremen Oberliga on goal difference, having won 7 and drawn 1 of their opening 8 games. As we kick off against Colchester next weekend, they will be entering the closing stages of a top of the table clash against Bremerhaven, the other undefeated team in the league, who are sitting just above them in the table.

I have continued to monitor the progress of SV Brinkum this season, and they are having an amazing time. In the top of the table match mentioned above on 1 November they enjoyed a comfortable 4-0 away win. They won their next two matches, and so after 12 games played they are six points clear at the top of the league, having won 11 and drawn 1 of their matches.

Still I have been desperately searching for evidence of Lars Unger being a part of this success and found nothing..... until now! With many thanks to a friend who lives in Bremen and forwarded this article to me, I can now confirm that Lars is still at Brinkum, is still playing, has just enjoyed even more success and may even be in line for a massive payday next summer....

I have translated the linked article for you below:

From Ihlpohl Gerd Töbelmann reports 21.11.08

"The work of the last few years has finally paid off and we've won a title," beamed Dieter Burdenski on Wednesday evening. The strong man of SV Brinkum of the Bremen League watched his team's 3-1 victory at ASV Ihlpohl of the Lüneburg District League in the Press Cup Final. As a reward for this win, SV Brinkum have hit the jackpot by earning themselves a game against Bundesliga side Werder Bremen, which will probably be held in Brinkum in July 2009.

Burdenski had no difficulty in taking players and coaches out to a Greek restaurant later on, where they celebrated their success properly with family and friends.

There were two decisive factors behind Brinkum doing justice to their tag of favourites. Firstly, Tim Ebersbach's brace in the 25th and 28th minute. His volley and penalty brought the score quickly to 2-0 and made it clear to the home team that it was not going to be their night. Secondly, after Mickun scored for Ihlpohl in the 53rd minute as a result of a glaring misunderstanding between goalkeeper Christian Ceglarek and defensive leader Lars Unger, Brinkum struck back just two minutes later in the form of a Rene Thiel free kick. Those were the two nails in the coffin for Ihlpohl's chances. Manager Klaus Gelsdorf didn't want to weigh them up: "I have no idea what was more important. I'm just pleased for the team, that they've done it. They have worked unbelievably hard in the last few months and they deserve this win. I'm not even thinking about Werder Bremen yet."

It didn't look like that was the case for his celebrating players. Rene Thiel summed up his thoughts: "Above all, I'm pleased for our fans, that they will be able to watch Werder Bremen playing at our place." Playmaker David van der Leij put it in more concrete terms: "It's just great to be on the same pitch with Diego or Naldo." Captain and scorer of two goals, Brinkum's best man in the final, Tim Ebersbach, said: "I'm already looking forward to the battle between Rene Thiel and Per Mertesacker. And of course to the crowd, as this match should attract a few thousand people. It's good as well that the club can earn a decent amount of money from this."

Those were also the thoughts of Director of Football Christian Kudla. "We want to make the game a real event and of course make as much money as possible. Last year Ottersberg won the Press Cup and made quite a lot. I hope we'll manage to do the same." That should be possible, seeing as the build-up period is more than six months, as long as Werder Bremen agree to Brinkum's suggested date. "I think it will work," said Burdenski, who, as a longstanding keeper at Werder Bremen, still has close contact with the Bundesliga club.

But this date could also prove to be a problem for some Brinkum players. What if some of the cup-winning team are no longer at the club and aren't able to enjoy the extra earnings of the Werder Bremen match? "We haven't even thought about that yet. One possibility would clearly be that whatever happens the game against Werder will be played by members of the current squad. But we've got plenty of time until then," explained Burdenski yesterday.

Anyone fancy a trip out to Bremen for the big game next summer to give Lars a cheer?

:support:

Last edited:
Well, my friend in Bremen is continuing to look out for articles about Lars, and managed to find this article, which appeared on Friday. She actually says she is starting to turn into a Brinkum fan and may even end up going to watch them some time! If she does, I'll ask her to see if she can nab an exclusive interview with Lars!!

Here is my translation of the article:

UNGER FITTER THAN HE’S BEEN FOR A LONG TIME

36-year-old Brinkum player is in charge of the best defence in the league

by Gerd Töbelmann

BRINKUM. Games are won in attack, championships are won in defence. The Bremen League football team SV Brinkum would certainly not disagree with this old football saying. Before their home game at 2.00pm on Saturday against bottom club Vatan Sport, Brinkum have a comfortable lead at the top of the table as the only team still unbeaten – and they show they have the best defence by far with only 7 goals conceded in 13 games.

One reason for this is that old hand Lars Unger is currently playing an outstanding role as the head of the defence. The 36-year-old, who can fall back on 12 years’ experience as a professional with Werder Bremen, Düsseldorf and Bregenz, also knows why things are going so well for him at the moment: “Unlike last season, I can now train more regularly. I really notice it, particularly with my fitness.” Together with goalkeeper Christian Ceglarek and his fellow defenders Kolja Sternke, Norman Heinemann and Nils Pohlner, Brinkum are setting the standards for defending in the Bremen League. And Unger, who last season was a kind of powerhouse for defence, midfield or attack, is the undisputed man in charge. “I’m really pleased to have him. He takes command verbally as well – and the lads listen to him,” said manager Klaus Gelsdorf.

Is Unger already thinking about the title now? In a way, yes, because he said: “In our situation, we can’t avoid talking about it and doing everything to achieve it. But I would ask you to consider that, should we reach the Regional League, it will be two levels harder.”

Brinkum and the Regional League – would that be a worthwhile goal for Unger as well next year? Brinkum’s defensive chief has already given it some thought: “Yes I would like to play in the Regional League with Brinkum. But first I must discuss it at length with Dieter Burdenski.” The reason: Unger, currently in his fourth season at the club, is employed by the man behind SV Brinkum and travels a lot as part of his job, for example in working closely with professional training camps of other clubs. “If Dieter says that he’d like me to play in the Regional League as well, I wouldn’t baulk at the chance,” said Unger.

Back