• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Lars Unger

Lars has just come on at Upton Park for Germany in Legends game against England in a fiftieth game. Sadly the Germans are 1-6 up at this stage albeit it we picked quite a few comedians.

When the answer is "Lars Unger is a legend", you have to ask yourself if it's the right question.

That is how the match was described and although i thought he was ok for us he could not be described in that way. At least he had pro career unlike many of the those playing for England and there goals in a 2-7 defeat were scored by a World Cup winner albeit an egg chaser in Ben Cohen,

I was chatting with Kevin Maher once at a meet the players evening and it wasn't going great - conversation just wasn't flowing. Then I (jokingly!) asked if he still saw much of Lars Unger, he burst out laughing and the ice was broken. Cheers Lars.

I noticed "Unger" on the team line up , but i very much doubted it would really be "Our Lars " ...

I cant imagine any of his team mates had ever heard of him let alone the crowd... but us ( older ) Shrimpers know better!!!

Back