• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Larsson deal is Off

This is genuinely exciting news. I'm pleased with this news.

We are having a go at something new. Our profile is about to go through the roof so even if investment isn't part of this appointment, on name value alone, there will be a lot of eyes on us and that can only be a good thing.

I really want to agree with you and truly hope the attention is for all the right reasons, not because HL is the next Thiery Henry.

All rather odd but Dirk's comitment to the game when playing is on another level to most player's I have ever seen. After watching this afternoon's game at Root's Hall I saw him play in Charity game at Ibrox and even in this game his effort stood out. Afterwards spoke of coaching Feynord's under 19's at the moment and looking to progress.

We could all do with some positive news so hopefully Thursday will be the day as maybe more than a managerial team will be annouced.

I really want to agree with you and truly hope the attention is for all the right reasons, not because HL is the next Thiery Henry.

Highly successful with Belgium, and given no time in Monaco you mean?

This would be a huge coup at our level.

Brings the profile of the club into the spotlight.

Those two would be able to pull a lot of strings and get in some talent otherwise unavailable to a club like our from possible Sweden, Holland, Scotland, Spain and of course England.

yep - they were sort of hesitant to talk ,,,, a bit undercover..

one of the could have kuyt

Highly successful with Belgium, and given no time in Monaco you mean?

I was more thinking world famous talented international striker, huge attention at Monaco and couldn’t turn them around.

I do agree he should have had longer and appears to be part of a good set up with Belgium, though their players are a little better than our current lot.

Imagine not loving this news? We are an unremarkable soccer club which has very few real highlights especially in recent years. No manager is guaranteed to save this club from relegation but a Swedish legend who's watched the awful players we currently have several times and still wants to manage the club is alright with me.

Henrik could sit in Sweden and hunt elk for the rest of his life while counting the millions and millions he has in the bank. But he wants to succeed as a manager, wants to better himself and wants to do it here. A legend and gentleman of the beautiful game pitching up here? With one of the hardest working footballers of all time who made the most of every inch of his talent? Superb.

Imagine not loving this news? We are an unremarkable soccer club which has very few real highlights especially in recent years. No manager is guaranteed to save this club from relegation but a Swedish legend who's watched the awful players we currently have several times and still wants to manage the club is alright with me.

Henrik could sit in Sweden and hunt elk for the rest of his life while counting the millions and millions he has in the bank. But he wants to succeed as a manager, wants to better himself and wants to do it here. A legend and gentleman of the beautiful game pitching up here? With one of the hardest working footballers of all time who made the most of every inch of his talent? Superb.

This.

From the Liverpool FC website .. “Dirk Kuyt is one of the hardest workers Anfield has ever seen” .. if one ounce of that rubs off on this lot we’ve got a shout, surely. If true.

They’re big names but they don’t have any managerial credentials, especially when it comes to the English lower leagues.
Give me three names with the adequate managerial experience of the English lower leagues available now who you would want to manage Southend and think could save us from relegation this season?

They’re big names but they don’t have any managerial credentials, especially when it comes to the English lower leagues.
They know football at the highest level though that’s gotta count for something and they’ll be hungry to prove that, if it was a world class player coming to Southend to play I’m sure we wouldn’t worry about them not having league one experience!

Observing from down under all that has happened to the shrimpers in recent times this is fantastic news.

Back