• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Larsson deal is Off

i like the sound of Dirk Kuyt if he can impart even a 10th of his effort to the players it would be amazing to see

Wasn’t Kuyt part of the consortium with Larsson and Bergkamp that were looking at Wycombe? Could this mean there will be some sort of investment involved..

I’ll take that, got to be better than what’s going on at the moment, goodluck to them both:Thumbs up:

That's an impressive managerial team. Good luck to them. Please make a substantial investment in the club as well......

Larsson was a top pro and Kuyt’s attitude and professionalism top drawer also. I suspect there will be a huge dose of back to basics and work ethic coming the way of the players. Much needed you might say.

Given the situation we find ourselves in I think Ron may have found a team that can that can turn things around and demand respect.

We need if indeed true to be getting fully behind them as they have taken on a big challenge..

Last edited:
Tommy Johnson? The old Derby player?
How on earth did that come up about?!
He's not had much of a coaching career going by Wikipedia

Dirk Kuyt was fantastic for Liverpool and 100% effort every game.

The players seemed to actually bother when Harry Redknapp showed up last season, it's possible that this sort of star power (especially if Kuyt is involved) could convince the players to try again.

According to Wiki Tommy Johnson is head of scouting at Forest so maybe that will be his role here.

It has to be better than the current situation- not Waddock’s fault btw- but even if you had Mourinho with Ferguson as his assistant, how does anyone get anything out of this bunch? We are stuck with them until the next transfer window unless they have a lot of players not contracted elsewhere- no didn’t think so!

If this is true I’m 100% behind it. Wouldn’t be my choice but we have to try something and soon. If this lot (not all but don’t think I need to name names here) fail to respond to players who have done it at the very top level then we need to bench them, get players in who give a damn about wearing the shirt even if that means taking a drop to league 2 and playing youngsters. Let’s get some positivity and belief back to the place.

This is genuinely exciting news. I'm pleased with this news.

We are having a go at something new. Our profile is about to go through the roof so even if investment isn't part of this appointment, on name value alone, there will be a lot of eyes on us and that can only be a good thing.

How incredibly random.

Both very good players in their days, my hope is that they don’t both get frustrated with the level of the players they have to work with because they aren’t capable of doing what they could. Certainly not my first choice but we needed someone new with fresh ideas to come in and lift the uncertainty around the place.

Back