• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Last 16: Tie 1

Last 16: Tie 1

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MK Shrimper

Striker
First up brings:

ChapperzUK – Monty Python and the Holy Grail vs MrB - Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy

LOL ... glad i lost out to B now !!!

Oh, and any chance you can put the films in the thread title please Paul ??

Weaker of the two Python films in the contest, I'm actually going to go for Anchorman here (if it was Life of Brian it would be another story).

Ron Burgundy: 1001, 1002, 1003.
Veronica Corningstone: Uh, Mr. Burgundy? Helen said that you needed to see me.
Ron Burgundy: Oh, Miss Corningstone. I wasn't expecting company. Just doing my workout. Tuesday's arms and back.
Veronica Corningstone: Well, you asked me to come by, sir.
Ron Burgundy: Oh, did I?
Veronica Corningstone: Yes.
Ron Burgundy: Ohh, it's the deep burn. Oh, it's so deep. Oh, I can barely lift my right arm 'cause I did so many. I don't know if you heard me counting. I did over a thousand.

Shame it had to come up against a Python so early so not expecting a win but amuse yourself with this:

Quotes

Is it just me that ****ing hates Monty Python?

I'm not quite at the '****ing hate' stage, but I don't find it anywhere near as funny as I think I'm supposed to. That dead parrot may have been funny once upon a time but to me it's about as funny as back-to-back episodes of My Family.

I'm not quite at the '****ing hate' stage, but I don't find it anywhere near as funny as I think I'm supposed to. That dead parrot may have been funny once upon a time but to me it's about as funny as back-to-back episodes of My Family.

This has **** all to do with a late parrott though James

Now go and build me a shrubbery

A nice one

Not too expensive

the sad thing is that you could replace Holy Grail with Meaning of Life in this poll and it'd still get the same amount of votes... people are voting for Python, not for the film. Holy Grail is amusing in parts but has nothing on Life of Brian, or Anchorman

Shame it had to come up against a Python so early so not expecting a win but amuse yourself with this:

Quotes

So, so much quality there!!

Brian Fantana: That was one crazy party. I am hung over.
Champ Kind: I woke up on the floor of some Japanese family's rec room, and they would NOT stop screaming.
Brick Tamland: I ate a big, red candle.

This has **** all to do with a late parrott though James

Now go and build me a shrubbery

A nice one

Not too expensive

Merely an example. I found the Holy Grail only moderately amusing.

Lines from the Python cannon are also quoted to death by people and that really hasn't helped.

Back