• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

shrimpereeee

First XI
Any legs in this?

18 Feb 2013 11:11:59
Paul Sturrock is a dead man limping at Southend United. Defeat at home to Leyton Orient in the JPT Semi-Final on Wednesday will see him lose his job. It is already planned that Stutrrock will be replaced at the end of the season by Kevin Keen but this will be hastily brought forward if the defeat, which at the present time seems inevitable, occurs. It may not be possible to release Keen from his assistant coach deal at WBA until season's end, in which case a temporary manager will be put in charge at Roots Hall with the most likely scenario being a short-term (until the end of the season) contact for either Lee Bradbury, or more likely Kevin Watson.

http://www.football-rumours.co.uk/

One of the anti Sturrock brigade has probably planted that rumour, I'm only surprised it doesn't suggest Tilly or Brush coming back!

I have just put my mortgage on it!! ... :omg2: what Bull Sh!T

100% Lies.

I'm the next man in charge; armed with my CV (Past Football Manager Games)!

Is it really that implausible though? With the current financial woes, Ron wants promotion ASAP. If Sturrock doesn't deliver it, It wouldn't surprise me if he wielded the axe. Think about our beloved chairman for one minute, would it really surprise you if he sacked Sturrock?

Yes it would it surprise me very much! I would love to see how the likes of Gillingham and Port Vale would get on with at least 6 players or more out for many matches in quick succession. Sturrock is doing a great job and I think anyone else in his position would struggle.

Ron's not stupid enough to appoint another ex-Wet Sham or Col Ewe player as manager. We've been down that path with Alvin Martin and Steve Wignall and NEVER AGAIN.

He's probably not rich enough to sack Sturrock either. Had that rumour said Neil Harris or Graham Coughlan and a non-hamster or sheep botherer I'd have maybe given it some consideration before dismissing it as rubbish.

Absolute crap! Injuries have crippled us for the last 2 seasons. Dare I say it, without all the injuries we may well be currently sitting in League 1. Unless Sturrock makes them do an 8 hour Iron Man Challenge type training session every day, he can't really be blamed can he?!

Yes it would it surprise me very much! I would love to see how the likes of Gillingham and Port Vale would get on with at least 6 players or more out for many matches in quick succession. Sturrock is doing a great job and I think anyone else in his position would struggle.

Then you clearly don't know/understand Ron Martin. He won't give a **** about Gills/Vale's injuries, he'll care about the fact we're losing money, but have one of the biggest wage allowance in this league.

Dont get me wrong, I think Sturrock has done exceptionally well (boring football aside), but Ron doesn't want to hear about injuries and bad luck, all he wants is a pocket full of pretty green

Absolute crap! Injuries have crippled us for the last 2 seasons. Dare I say it, without all the injuries we may well be currently sitting in League 1. Unless Sturrock makes them do an 8 hour Iron Man Challenge type training session every day, he can't really be blamed can he?!
This is Ron Martin we're talking about, if you don't/won't believe it, then you're being slightly naive!! :thumbsup:

This is Ron Martin we're talking about, if you don't/won't believe it, then you're being slightly naive!! :thumbsup:

So you're saying that if I don't believe something off what is probably the most unreliable football site on the internet, then I'm being naïve? Please tell me you're just trying to be a wind up!

So you're saying that if I don't believe something off what is probably the most unreliable football site on the internet, then I'm being naïve? Please tell me you're just trying to be a wind up!

No, you're missing my point completely, forget the rumour off that website, what I'm saying is, if Sturrock doesn't deliver promotion this season, I'd be very worried for his position at the club. I'm saying if you don't believe Martin would sack him, then you're being naive :thumbsup:

Back