• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Last game of Season

Assuming we win next Saturday we will take 3,000 to your place - will it be all ticket?

TUFC

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ April 26 2004,09:46)]Assuming we win next Saturday we will take 3,000 to your place  - will it be all ticket?

TUFC
Get real - you only break 3,000 at your place if the away fans bring 400 plus. Do me a favour.

Isn't Jim Davidson or Jethro on at the Pavillion that day?

Surely there's a massive local cricket derby at Cockington or model village open day at Babbington to keep you amused.

Failing that Trago Mills has some 'fantastic' special offers on at the moment.

3,000 my fookin ARSE. 300 tops and the first time ever TUFC have had to hire two coaches for an away game.

3000 is definitely having a laugh. Last year, I couldn't find anyone to go with me to see Torquay Southend apart from my mate who supports Torquay so I sat, to my great amusement, in the North with them. I've never needer so much restraint as Judas turned up for a change and played a blinder.

However, the point of my post is that they were chasing the playoffs then (and not actually IN them) yet there were so many empty seats and so little atmosphere. I'm with ORM except I'll give em 500 (700 by Hamstring's figures).

D you remeber a couple of years ago when Barnet playes Torquat last game of the season, and whoever lost was going out of the league, well reading in papers after that Saturday my surprise when it read that Torquat had 2500 fans at that match and about 1000 travelled without tickets and where looked out of the game. If Hull lose to Yeovil this Saturday and Torquay beat Kiddy (which both of these are big posibiltys) then they will go into the final saturday with hull on82 torquay on 80, so I reckon they could easily bring 1500-1800 down. And what with us having one of our family days there should be a crowd around 7500 I should hope

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS Cockles @ April 26 2004,12:30)]D you remeber a couple of years ago when Barnet playes Torquat last game of the season, and whoever lost was going out of the league, well reading in papers after that Saturday my surprise when it read that Torquat had 2500 fans at that match and about 1000 travelled without tickets and where looked out of the game. If Hull lose to Yeovil this Saturday and Torquay beat Kiddy (which both of these are big posibiltys) then they will  go into the final saturday with hull on82 torquay on 80, so I reckon they could easily bring 1500-1800 down. And what with us having one of our family days there should be a crowd around 7500 I should hope
sh*t my fingures where working to quick for my brain then, Hope my post can be understood

3000 your havin a larf mate!!. If it was hull then i would readily agree with the estimation!!!, but torquay bringing 3000 to roots hall....1000 tops u silly boy!. And no it wont be all ticket because it doesnt need to be!!...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS Cockles @ April 26 2004,12:31)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS Cockles @ April 26 2004,12:30)]D you remeber a couple of years ago when Barnet playes Torquat last game of the season, and whoever lost was going out of the league, well reading in papers after that Saturday my surprise when it read that Torquat had 2500 fans at that match and about 1000 travelled without tickets and where looked out of the game. If Hull lose to Yeovil this Saturday and Torquay beat Kiddy (which both of these are big posibiltys) then they will  go into the final saturday with hull on82 torquay on 80, so I reckon they could easily bring 1500-1800 down. And what with us having one of our family days there should be a crowd around 7500 I should hope
sh*t my fingures where working to quick for my brain then, Hope my post can be understood
Not a word Cockatoo and its fingers not fingures you big bafoon.

easy shrimpers, I was only asking

CS Cockles is correct - we will bring 2,000 to 2,500 easy, and may be 3,500

lots of exiled gulls in London - where in the home end do we go when we fill up your away end?

if we lose at home Saturday however then we will bring 50

and besides, Cheeky Girls will be a major draw

[b said:
Quote[/b] (suberwozza @ April 26 2004,15:46)]lots of exiled gulls in London - where in the home end do we go when we fill up your away end?
Our away end holds 3,500 with another 800 or so in overflow Block G (or whatever it is now) in the NW corner. You won't need it ...

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (suberwozza @ April 26 2004,15:46)]easy shrimpers, I was only asking

CS Cockles is correct - we will bring 2,000 to 2,500 easy, and may be 3,500

lots of exiled gulls in London - where in the home end do we go when we fill up your away end?

if we lose at home Saturday however then we will bring 50

and besides, Cheeky Girls will be a major draw
Don't argue, most Southend fans know much more about Torquay travelling support than Torquay fans do, so we must be right.

I'd be amazed if your total away support for the entire season was 3,000, let alone just one away game.

I'd go for the officially released away attendance figure of around the 600 mark. Which might look around 1,000 but obviosly won't be because there's an absolute bulletproof auditing an accounting system and every away fan will be accounted for. Like they have been all the time. Especially against Hull, Oxford, Yeovil, etc .....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hamstring @ April 26 2004,15:53)]because there's an absolute bulletproof auditing an accounting system and every away fan will be accounted for.  Like they have been all the time.  Especially against Hull, Oxford, Yeovil, etc .....
He tells the truth. Although someone's mate will say that there are about ten thousand Torquay fans that "snuck" in two of the gates, there will in fact only be a fraction of that. See Oxford, Hull, Yeovil, etc.

(In fact the only one we can be sure about are Wimbledon where I counted 14)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (suberwozza @ April 26 2004,15:46)]lots of exiled gulls in London - where in the home end do we go when we fill up your away end?
Yep, I believe both of the exiled gulls turned up at the away game vs Orient.

If you bring more than 1,500 I might have to sleep with Barry the Dog after he's finished with Mrs Cockles.

Put it this way. We'll be taking more to Rochdale for our last meaningless away game than you'll be bringing to RH.

Let's hope you lose this weekend so we can cut the cr*p shall we.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ April 26 2004,16:28)]
[b said:
Yep, I believe both of the exiled gulls turned up at the away game vs Orient.

If you bring more than 1,500 I might have to sleep with Barry the Dog after he's finished with Mrs Cockles.

Put it this way. We'll be taking more to Rochdale for our last meaningless away game than you'll be bringing to RH.

Let's hope you lose this weekend so we can cut the cr*p shall we.
I wouldnt sleep with anyone who has slept with Mrs CS Cockles, due to her being riddled with diseases.

SHE IS A DIRTY OLD RATBAG WITH A pr*ck OF A SON.
blues.gif

why does anyone doubt thay would bring 2500-3000 if they still had a shot at automatic promotion?

say we were in their position. Hull and Huddersfield lose, we need 3 points at Torquay and a little luck and we go up.

Would we take the usual 100? i don't think so.

They may not bring 2500, but i'd go for 2000 if they have something to play for. Obviously if they can't go up then 100 will be the number they bring.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kim Mitten @ April 26 2004,18:27)]why does anyone doubt thay would bring 2500-3000 if they still had a shot at automatic promotion?

say we were in their position. Hull and Huddersfield lose, we need 3 points at Torquay and a little luck and we go up.
Depends where the match was though. I would suggest that if we were in their position — and the game was being played in, say, Carlisle — then I doubt we would take many more than 1,000 - 1,500 ...

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Javea Shrimper @ April 26 2004,21:00)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kim Mitten @ April 26 2004,18:27)]why does anyone doubt thay would bring 2500-3000 if they still had a shot at automatic promotion?

Depends where the match was though. I would suggest that if we were in their position — and the game was being played in, say, Carlisle — then I doubt we would take many more than 1,000 - 1,500 ...

WS
Now if a Hull/Huddersfield fan was to come on with that kind of boast I could believe it. Let's get real here Torquay barely get that kind of gate for a home game.

But I'm not saying we're much better. If the boot was on the other foot (unless the club were subsidising it) we'd take as many to Torquay as we did to Gigg Lane for arguably a much bigger game of football anyway.

Back