• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Last game of Season

According to the ammount of people that reckon they were at Bury we had at least 10,000 that day!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ April 26 2004,23:49)]Let's get real here Torquay barely get that kind of gate for a home game.  
Bet they prove us all wrong ...

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Javea Shrimper @ April 27 2004,14:48)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ April 26 2004,23:49)]Let's get real here Torquay barely get that kind of gate for a home game.  
Bet they prove us all wrong ...

WS
Precisely the point I was making earlier (albeit in a sarcastic way).

According to the club Torquay are on target for 3,000 tickets to be sold. I think they are all going to prove us wrong.....

Einstein

is that according to SUFC??!!
laugh.gif

Dont want to say anything incase i get done for slander...

biggrin.gif

If we can get 5-6k on Saturday that will mean we would have had a Total Attendance of 100k for the league this season.
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BluePartridge @ May 04 2004,15:33)]If we can get 5-6k on Saturday that will mean we would have had a Total Attendance of 100k for the league this season.  
smile.gif
An average of 4347 per game!

Try getting anywhere near that Canvey even in the conference!

Oooops! Wrong Gulls!
biggrin.gif
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (McScriven @ April 27 2004,08:03)]According to the ammount of people that reckon they were at Bury we had at least 10,000 that day!
If it helps your figures, I wasn't there.

Question from a Torquay mate. If he buys a ticket on the day, does he then have to go straight in to the ground? Or can he buy a ticket, then head off to the pub for a couple of hours?

Having never been an away fan at Roots Hall, I couldn't answer his question!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (W4 Shrimper @ May 04 2004,16:44)]Question from a Torquay mate. If he buys a ticket on the day, does he then have to go straight in to the ground? Or can he buy a ticket, then head off to the pub for a couple of hours?

Having never been an away fan at Roots Hall, I couldn't answer his question!
Oddly enough, I was with the Torquay fans last year cos I ran out of Southend friends
sad.gif
. We didn't leave the ground but I think people were allowed out. Can't be sure though.

Don't the away fans buy their tickets at the window at the ticket office and then hand them in at the turnstiles when they want to enter the ground.  

Your pal could go for a drink, go the ticket office at 1pm to buy his ticket (presumably the ground is going to open early so people won't miss the pre-match "entertainment" and then go back to the bar/pub!!
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]where in the home end do we go when we fill up your away end

You don't cos if you haven't got a ticket for the away end you won't get in!!
biggrin.gif

dear shrimpers

thankyou for a top day out on Saturday - don't know why you want to move grounds as think Roots is tidy stadium (by our standards anyway) although you should investigate the large amount of fans who appear to get in without paying (8,800 - yeah, right)

apologies if we did throw a few seats about although didn't see this personally and think there were a few people ****ed off about not being allowed on the pitch - although I don't have a problem with that - I wouldn't want you lot running around Plainmoor

thanks also to bloke who kept pointing to his mobile phone when Huddersfield 1-0 up - was probably picture of his wife or something but couldn't quite make it out

and ORM - hope you and Barry the Dog have a long and lasting relationship

see you in 2006

TUFC

Back