• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Last night's Echo

Yes there was the only one I can remember was Basildon and Pitesea beat Benfleet by 9 wickets...

yeah all the leagues...

a big bit on your first team being brought back down to earth. i still have the copy?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (southend4ever @ May 17 2005,23:00)]yeah all the leagues...

a big bit on your first team being brought back down to earth. i still have the copy?
Hmm, sounds about right, although maybe not so much the team, more Chris Gladwin.

By all accounts it was a pretty flat pitch, and some guy scored 150 out of 270 without giving a sniff. We're struggling for bowling this year, so if you fancy a transfer
wink.gif

Any 2nd / 3rd team reports in....

How did you go Saturday ?

not seen those reports mate,

they normally a diff night and they not been in there as of yet.

didnt chris gladwin get a ton?

9 wickets down we needed 11 off 12 then it was 7 off 6. then it was just a draw. should have won. i didn't play, hamstring was busted.

think i am back this week

[b said:
Quote[/b] (southend4ever @ May 19 2005,11:40)]not seen those reports mate,

they normally a diff night and they not been in there as of yet.

didnt chris gladwin get a ton?

9 wickets down we needed 11 off 12 then it was 7 off 6. then it was just a draw. should have won. i didn't play, hamstring was busted.

think i am back this week
I'll look out for the others then, I would guess they will be in tonight's.

With regard to Gladwin, I was referring more to the article in Friday night's paper, where he credited himself with our succesive promotions, and had a dossier on all our opponents, a la Keith Fletcher....

Sounds like your 1's had a good game

what is iain letch doing in your second team.

is he available every week? He used to be a quality bat!

Good win over hainault then?
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (southend4ever @ May 19 2005,15:34)]what is iain letch doing in your second team.

is he available every week? He used to be a quality bat!

Good win over hainault then?  
biggrin.gif
He has to work most Saturday's but fortunately can get to most grounds by 1pm, which means he can't play for the 1's but can make most games for me
tounge.gif

He's actually in the 1's this week as they are short, but that's not going to be a regular occurance. If he plays for me, our top 5 will be the best in our division by a long way, and should be able to chase down most totals

We chased 275 on Saturday and never looked like we weren't going to get them. They were a bit gutted but perked up a bit when I told them the strength of our batting. They were a reasonable side, better than some of the dross that's been in that division for the past couple of seasons.

Back