• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

We now play two of the bottom three in this league at Home if we dont get 6 points from these matches then frankly the game is well and truly up, I am not confident.

You are probably right Tia, but I thought Alvin last game was at home when we lost to Hull?

At home to York a few season back on a cold tuesday February night is the worse game I have ever seen and 0.0
I think your right mate,Hull on friday night seems to jog my memory now.I think there was a fan protest outside the ground.

Getting thumped 5-2 at home by Col U was pretty poor and I don't recall anything good about the end of that season either (except winning the last game to avoid re-election) when we lost 3 of the previous 4 home games and failed to score....

I remember (sadly, i wish i could forget it) a cup match in 2001 we lost at home to 'mighty' non-league Kingstonian 1-0. :thumbdown: If i recall correctly, ex-shrimper Mark Beard captained the Kingstonian side that day.
Dark dark times and whenever i think things can't get any worse (on the pitch) i recall that embarassment.

Aldershot at home was equally inept and possible worse as Wimbledon looked ok last night albeit aided by us.

this. aldershot at home was absolutely dreadful. had a mate with me who was a united fan and after spending days trying to convince him that the standard wasn't as bad as he thought, i was embarrased.

I'm going to stick my neck out and say first home game of the season against Carlisle in the early 00's - we'd got a great 2-2 draw at Promotion Favourites Hull on the opening day, and Carlisle had just lost there entire squad, had a strange new Irish Manager and 11 players who were Conference standard at best. It was an absolute home banker. We spent 80 minutes camped in their half, but never looked like scoring, don't think we had a shot on target. - then they inevitibely scored with their only attempt when some barstard slip of a sub sent one floating into the top corner. We went straight up the other end and Mark Rawle missed from about 2 yards. we lost 1-0. Yes there have been more disappointing or depressing results, put for rank bad quality against an awful awful side that was about as bad as I've seen us play.

this. aldershot at home was absolutely dreadful. had a mate with me who was a united fan and after spending days trying to convince him that the standard wasn't as bad as he thought, i was embarrased.

Southend United?

Back