• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

BILLERICAY BLUE

Rose Tinted Brigade Member⭐⭐
Last night was pretty shocking. The only comparable "performance" that came to mind was the 0-2 disaster at home to Boston at the tail-end (might even have been his last game) of Wignall's stint in charge.

Anyone else come up with anything worse.

Aldershot at home was equally inept and possible worse as Wimbledon looked ok last night albeit aided by us.

No surprise(!) I wasn't there last night but Hartlepool (IIRC) when Toellandback came down was atrocious, as was MK Dons away in the JPT a few years back.

Shocking game and terrible performance by us, I think I have seen a few worse than that thought. The amount of effort was my problem last night.

Boston at home 0-2 will always go down in my point as my lowest ever as Southend fan. Barnet away two weeks ago was right up there as TFS quite rightly said.

I didn't make it but I hear Aldershot earlier in the season was quite bad.

I remember that Boston one. It was heaps worse than last night.

Rochdale away around march 1999 a cold Tuesday night,i think it was Alvin Martins last game,we lost 1-0 and were awful, heading for bottom of fourth tier.Alan Little came in and steadied the ship.Seen some very poor games but that one does stand out,maybe the effort to get up there for a midweek game made it seem worse!

I also agree with the Flying Scotsman.

Too many below par performances recently.

VERY poor division this season and we're struggling to get out of it!!!

Rochdale away around march 1999 a cold Tuesday night,i think it was Alvin Martins last game,we lost 1-0 and were awful, heading for bottom of fourth tier.Alan Little came in and steadied the ship.Seen some very poor games but that one does stand out,maybe the effort to get up there for a midweek game made it seem worse!

You are probably right Tia, but I thought Alvin last game was at home when we lost to Hull?

At home to York a few season back on a cold tuesday February night is the worse game I have ever seen and 0.0

Both last night, Barnet and Aldershot were far worse than that night against Boston. Reason being we have a decent league two team pushing for the play offs, back then we were ****!!!

Boston at home was THE worst game of football I've ever seen in over 50 years of watching football and I'm talking many hundreds of games from sunday league to champions league.

Barnet away two weeks ago.

You are quickly becoming in danger of typing the most 'agreed' post of all time. Last night was bad but Barnet was woeful beyond belief. I am not sure though whether the Barnet experience just made me more immune to the mediocrity of last night or whether indeed last night should be considered worse as once is a sin but twice in such a short space of time .......

Oh well, there is a new pope now to save us all so everything will be fine :smile:

That Boston game stands out, if ever a group of players plotted to get rid of a manager it was then. The current team need a leader on the pitch, you can give the arm band to anybody it doesn't make them a leader. Cresswell strangely subdued.

Back