• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Last Night

NFFC1865

Right, i know i'm a Forest fan but everything i state here is devoid of bias and has come from stepping back and actually thinking about it without the red-tinted specs on.

The red card was a clear red, even most of your lot didn't wave their arms about it (that was a rarity though). Chambers and Clarke went into the corner tussling for a ball that had already gone out ten yards up the pitch, they went in for a tackle and Chambers went flying over Clarke into the advertising hoardings. Chambers got up with his arms outstretched and was met with a headbutt from Clarke. This was clear as day to everyone in the ground. Couldn't make out what hapened in the melee afterwards or why Breckin was booked but you will not be successful in an appeal. They'd be more likely to extend it than reduce it.

As for the Tyson goal, i'm sorry to say that he was onside. I was sat perfectly level with the break and he was a good split-second onside if you know what i mean. One of the few moves all season where he's timed it just right. I'd like to see the replay, but from my perspective he looked fine, there was a defender on the far side playing him on.

For the rest of the night, you didn't get many decisions. There were an awful lot of 51-49 decisions in our favour but it's been so long since we've had a game like that!

If i were you lot, i'd be worried at how your team were arguing amongst themselves and clearly gave up after the red card. Your entire team just visibily deflated.

PS. Just to prove my point:

0,,10444~3459565,00.jpg

Try appealing that and they'll laugh you out of the courtroom.

However hard or wherever he headbutted him is irrelevant. You make the action to do it and you're sitting out the next 3/4 games.

I know mate, I had a good view of it and you do that you get sent off, just trying to be light-hearted!

Indeed - I don't think anyone's disputing that it was a red card. Most of us are pretty disappointed in Leon's actions as it killed off any chance of us getting anything from the game.

Ah, it's the rolleyes thingie that threw me off. You never can tell if they're joking or just being a dick.

unfortunately we did deflate after the 2nd goal and the red card. how many times has this happened. rather than trying to fight back to win the game like other teams do.

Don't worry too much, we're the same. Sometimes we manage to continue at 0-0.

Chambers still went down like he'd been shot and I ****ing hate that!

Anyway you lot should go up this season, see you at Roots Hall!

Always had a soft spot for Forest as I have friends in Nottingham and have been to the City Ground (and Trent Bridge for the Test Match) many times over the years.

A tragedy that you are in Division 3 but hopefully at the end of the season, both Forest and Southend will be promoted back up to the Championship. Good luck for the rest of the campaign.

However hard or wherever he headbutted him is irrelevant. You make the action to do it and you're sitting out the next 3/4 games.

I dont think anyone is really moaning about the red as such more then way Chambers went down like he had been shot from a minor headbut.

I also thought Common went over like he was on ice. Add this to the fact I dont think one decision was given against you all day and I am sure you can see why we were angered.

A tragedy that you are in Division 3 but hopefully at the end of the season, both Forest and Southend will be promoted back up to the Championship. Good luck for the rest of the campaign.

Don't like to spoil the forest "love in" but i don't think its a tragedy at all. they are obviously only a league one team because thats the level they've played at for a few seasons now. If they were better than this they would have gone up.

Never really liked forest, someone i know had they're car set light too last night and i had beer chucked on me from the forest fans above us.

hope they relegated!

I dont think anyone is really moaning about the red as such more then way Chambers went down like he had been shot from a minor headbut.

I also thought Common went over like he was on ice. Add this to the fact I dont think one decision was given against you all day and I am sure you can see why we were angered.

I actually said to my mate during the game that we've had a lot of decisions in our favour, but most (not all) were 51-49 decisons, just barely in our favour. However, i don't feel the headbutt was minor, he seemed to put a lot behind it. I'd like to see a replay.

Don't like to spoil the forest "love in" but i don't think its a tragedy at all. they are obviously only a league one team because thats the level they've played at for a few seasons now. If they were better than this they would have gone up.

Never really liked forest, someone i know had they're car set light too last night and i had beer chucked on me from the forest fans above us.

hope they relegated!

It's more of a tragedy for us really. Weve had nothing but ****e for years now.

We do have some utter ********s supporting us though...:mad:

Back