• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Last Round of Fixtures

Westcliff Shrimper

Director of Footballs⭐
Just had a shufti at the fixtures for next Saturday, and assuming we play to form and beat Port Vale, a Leeds win would be good as it would relagate Southend "B" and wouldn't affect us finishing fifth...

For everyone who said the leeds point issue wont affect us .. i think it does .. if forest beat yeovil as we would expect them to then they cant finish 4th .. meaning we would play carlisle or donny in the playoffs (assuming we beat Port Vale)... if of course Leeds then get the points back - then they would go up pushing us into 6th and likely to play inform Forest..

just hope reason prevails and they uphold the decision.. i dont fancy forest away second leg on a friday night needing a result.....

For everyone who said the leeds point issue wont affect us .. i think it does .. if forest beat yeovil as we would expect them to then they cant finish 4th .. meaning we would play carlisle or donny in the playoffs (assuming we beat Port Vale)... if of course Leeds then get the points back - then they would go up pushing us into 6th and likely to play inform Forest..

just hope reason prevails and they uphold the decision.. i dont fancy forest away second leg on a friday night needing a result.....

As I've said before on this issue the pressure will be more on "big" club Forest to win as they are expected to roll over the small fry as of right. This favouritism didn't stop Forest shipping 5 at home to Yeovil in the play offs last season.

As I've said before on this issue the pressure will be more on "big" club Forest to win as they are expected to roll over the small fry as of right. This favouritism didn't stop Forest shipping 5 at home to Yeovil in the play offs last season.

It also does not mean it would happen again

Not taking anything away from Donny and Carlisle, as they are good teams, but i would rather face them than Forest no matter what happened at the City ground against Yeovil last season. That Tyson **** can rip us apart time and time again.

The ideal scenario is, clearly, for Forest to finish 3rd and for Leeds not to get their points back and finish 6th. Hopefully, Forest and Leeds will then kick lumps out of each other during the playoffs, while we ease past a seriously demoralised Carlisle - whom we've just beaten at their place, and who will have just lost out on the auto-promotion spot they've held for most of this calendar year.

That would then leave us to take on the bloodied carcass of whichever of the two "sleeping giants" that emerges from the Forest v. Leeds encounter.

Game on!

:clap:

The ideal scenario is, clearly, for Forest to finish 3rd and for Leeds not to get their points back and finish 6th. Hopefully, Forest and Leeds will then kick lumps out of each other during the playoffs, while we ease past a seriously demoralised Carlisle - whom we've just beaten at their place, and who will have just lost out on the auto-promotion spot they've held for most of this calendar year.

That would then leave us to take on the bloodied carcass of whichever of the two "sleeping giants" that emerges from the Forest v. Leeds encounter.

Game on!

:clap:

Marvellous!

I think you will get Carlisle in the playoffs, and they are very beatable at the moment and demoralised having been 2nd for so long.

Have to disagree on this. Dont think i have seen or read any forest fans giving it the big un. In fact the opposite is mostly true. Having spent a good few seasons in this league and had many a dissapointment i think they have adapted to humility very well.

Parlty, agree, they are fine now, but behaved like prima donnas a milder form of L**ds fans now in their first season in L1.

Back