• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I thought of a couple of games last season where we were behind at home and won - Scunthorpe and Walsall.

In general, though, we don't tend to win after going behind.

Be interesting to see if there is a table of results of this nature and how often teams do and where we would be on the list.

Our last 2 league games have been 1-0 wins! :unsure:

I thought of a couple of games last season where we were behind at home and won - Scunthorpe and Walsall.

In general, though, we don't tend to win after going behind.

Be interesting to see if there is a table of results of this nature and how often teams do and where we would be on the list.
My mate and I were discussing this a few weeks back, under sturrock, and at times last season if we went behind we always thought it’s ok, we can/will score two. This year if we go 1-0 down it’s more hope/ pray , and if away it’s hope for a draw at best or even a 1-0 loss ( better than a tonking). We haven’t looked to see if the goals scored backs this up, but the point is it’s unfortunately how we feel

Now this is a good thread and not negative like Yorkshire Blues one.

I think it may have been Sturrock.

My recollection is that Pompey were also reduced to ten after BBBC was dismissed.

Wasnt it Cauley Woodrow that got Red Carded for us?

my memory is poor these days, but I'm sure last two visits has seen us win 2-1, once on a Saturday and once on a Tuesday night, sure Wilo and Corr scored after we were one down, think that was the Tuesday night game. Was it Lenny and Piggott that scored in the other one?

Wasnt it Cauley Woodrow that got Red Carded for us?

my memory is poor these days, but I'm sure last two visits has seen us win 2-1, once on a Saturday and once on a Tuesday night, sure Wilo and Corr scored after we were one down, think that was the Tuesday night game. Was it Lenny and Piggott that scored in the other one?

To clarify:

2013/14 Woodrow sent off by the wretched Keith Hill. Came from behind to win 2-1

2014/15 Corr sent off for two yellows. Came from behind to win 2-1

They were our last two visits and they brought to an end our winless run at Portsmouth which stretched back to forever - right from and including our first visit in 1920/1.

Three in a row would be good ... and I nominate Robinson for the ban.

To clarify:

2013/14 Woodrow sent off by the wretched Keith Hill. Came from behind to win 2-1

2014/15 Corr sent off for two yellows. Came from behind to win 2-1

They were our last two visits and they brought to an end our winless run at Portsmouth which stretched back to forever - right from and including our first visit in 1920/1.

Three in a row would be good ... and I nominate Robinson for the ban.

The 1st match , in Nov 2013 , i remember Barry Corr being absolutely immense. He was such a handful that night he was playing up front on his own and the 3 or 4 Pompey defenders all marking him just couldnt handle him. Without doubt his best ever match in a Southend shirt.

and right up there for me alongside the finest performances by a Southend player i've ever seen.
.....with Paul Smith ( Brentford away in the cup ) and the legend that is Richard Cadette on his debut v Orient , when he banged in 4 goals on hius debut a week after signing from the O's :Worthy::Worthy::Worthy::Worthy:

The 1st match , in Nov 2013 , i remember Barry Corr being absolutely immense. He was such a handful that night he was playing up front on his own and the 3 or 4 Pompey defenders all marking him just couldnt handle him. Without doubt his best ever match in a Southend shirt.

and right up there for me alongside the finest performances by a Southend player i've ever seen.
.....with Paul Smith ( Brentford away in the cup ) and the legend that is Richard Cadette on his debut v Orient , when he banged in 4 goals on hius debut a week after signing from the O's :Worthy::Worthy::Worthy::Worthy:

A standard Corr game under PB. What a guy

You're spot on.

By far his best performance and he was really battered by their defenders that night too.

probably a year earlier, but I remember us coming from 1-0 down at Cheltenham, we were by far the better team but they scored on the stroke of half time, then we missed a penalty in the second half but still came back to win 2-1...Corr got at least one IIRC and probably missed the pen.

My favourite comeback in recent times though has to be the FA Cup win at Chesterfield who were top of the league at the time...1-0 down early, then 2-1 up at half time, defending like heroes for the second half until Lord Anthony Straker and Kevan Hurst sealed it with one of my favourite ever Shrimpers goals witnessed live.

Back