• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

LBBlue

Manager⭐
I've trawled back through previous seasons results and was shocked at what I think I found.

I reckon the winning goal was scored by Big Bad Barry Corr! Can anyone corroborate this or show me that I've missed one.

We haven't drawn too many either. Could explain the bad "attitude" - we go a goal down and know we will lose.

Edit :Actually it was Joe Pigott who scored BBBC got sent off.

Last edited:
Was it Pompey away about 4 years ago ?

Not quite four years ago, but yes, having had a quick look through, that appears to be the one. January 24th 2015.

We've had a surprising number of 'to nil' away wins in that time. And that 3-0 at Sheffield United still surprises even now!

Was it Pompey away about 4 years ago ?

That's what I reckon but Joe Pigott scored and BBBC got sent off. Was Jan 24 2015 a week after we won at Oxford after conceding the first goal and going down to 10 men. BBBC did get the winner there.

And our next away game is at ?

There was me thinking we won our last away game at Walsall (granted we didn't conceed first,or at all in fact).:winking:

Didn't we lose on Saturday?

In that time we've only managed three draws as well. Stevenage (play off) Coventry in 2015/16 and Bradford City 2016/17.
Although we did sneak a draw at Gillingham this year from 3-2 down after scoring first.

My point is if we concede first we get beaten. Not a lot of fight back.

LBBlue;2007144[B said:
]Didn't we lose on Saturday? [/B]

In that time we've only managed three draws as well. Stevenage (play off) Coventry in 2015/16 and Bradford City 2016/17.
Although we did sneak a draw at Gillingham this year from 3-2 down after scoring first.

And my point is that we won our last L1 away game.

And my point is that we won our last L1 away game.

Not relevant to the topic though is it. The topic is about winning away after conceding first and your post adds no value

Personally, I don't get that granular as to the scoring pattern, I'm just happy with a win, home or away

Didn't we lose on Saturday?

That's because we have a mind numbing game plan of trying to win every game 1-0. When we concede that's all out the window and there's no plan B

Thats a shocking statistic, didn't believe when i was first read it.
:omg:

I'd count Wycombe at Wembley as an away game and the penalty win after we had been 1-0 down. In any case, any reason to mention that game should always be exploited.

I've trawled back through previous seasons results and was shocked at what I think I found.

I reckon the winning goal was scored by Big Bad Barry Corr! Can anyone corroborate this or show me that I've missed one.

We haven't drawn too many either. Could explain the bad "attitude" - we go a goal down and know we will lose.

Edit :Actually it was Joe Pigott who scored BBBC got sent off.
Home form isnt much better??

I'd count Wycombe at Wembley as an away game and the penalty win after we had been 1-0 down. In any case, any reason to mention that game should always be exploited.

Technically a draw. But sod it. Good shout.

soccer-sky-bet-league-two-play-off-final-southend-united-v-wycombe-g80cwa.jpg

I would imagine very few teams have a good record of coming from a losing position to win away.

That's because we have a mind numbing game plan of trying to win every game 1-0. When we concede that's all out the window and there's no plan B

Do we though? Or is that a throw back from a few seasons back ?

We were the 5th top scorer in the league last year.

This season we have the 3rd worst defence in the league.

Neither of those stats seem to back up us wanting to win every game 1-0, I would be happy if we did this season!

Home form isnt much better??

I thought of a couple of games last season where we were behind at home and won - Scunthorpe and Walsall.

In general, though, we don't tend to win after going behind.

Be interesting to see if there is a table of results of this nature and how often teams do and where we would be on the list.

Thats a shocking statistic, didn't believe when i was first read it.
:omg:

I would imagine very few teams have a good record of coming from a losing position to win away.

Do we though? Or is that a throw back from a few seasons back ?

We were the 5th top scorer in the league last year.

This season we have the 3rd worst defence in the league.

Neither of those stats seem to back up us wanting to win every game 1-0, I would be happy if we did this season!

Not that shocking; it's far from common.

Happened just 3 times in nearly 200 League One games this season.

Back