• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Late Winning Goals

I remember a few of these but I'd take a repeat of David Crown's scrappy goal vs. Aldershot in April '88 from one of our lads tonight.
Me and and a couple of mates had left the away end to get away quickly so were behind the goal where Crowny scored. At full time we ran on the pictch to hug some random players. That was a big mistake as we were singled out and chased back to the station. Luckily we could actually run in those days. Utbs.

McCormack equalised with two minutes remaining, so yeah, pretty close. We'd only gone behind in the 79th minute to a Graham Alexander penalty. I remember screaming at McCormack to get back to the halfway line and kick-off again after the equaliser because a win was so important. Also remember everyone going crazy when Maher scored the winner.

Thought we were going to stay up that day, we were only 2 points from safety. As it happens, we lost the last four games of the season and that win remains our last in the second tier (and will be for a few years, yet).

Great for McCormack as (if I am right) he was let go by Preston.

There was a dodgy penalty decision against us in that game, wasn't there? I think we had a similar dodgy decision away at Sheffield Wednesday a short time later. Injuries meant we had a midfielder playing at central defence I think & we lost the game 3-2?

Back