• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Mick

Life President
02 May 2016
New Company Document Available
Form: AP01 - Appointment of director
DIRECTOR APPOINTED MR DANNY MACKLIN

The Company's Annual Accounts are now OVERDUE
The company accounts were expected to be submitted by 30 Apr 2016

I think they mean "due" to be submitted. No-one could have seriously "expected" them.

Danny Macklin is the Commercial Director ---- unfortunately I introduced him at our meeting the other evening as Commercial Manager.

Demoted before he has had a chance.

#mybad

02 May 2016
New Company Document Available
Form: AP01 - Appointment of director
DIRECTOR APPOINTED MR DANNY MACKLIN

The Company's Annual Accounts are now OVERDUE
The company accounts were expected to be submitted by 30 Apr 2016

I think they mean "due" to be submitted. No-one could have seriously "expected" them.

Accounts are 2 days late. Even by your SUFC hating standards, that's quick to whinge:thumbdown:

What does all this mean? I take it that it is not positive, so how bad is it?

Accounts are 2 days late. Even by your SUFC hating standards, that's quick to whinge:thumbdown:

I'm not whinging, merely copying word for word a Companies House update in case anyone was interested. I would have thought that was obvious from the format. The interesting (ish) bit is the Director's appointment. What makes you think I hate SUFC .... although I'm not overly keen on Sheffield United or Scunthorpe.

Yes, they need to submit the bar tab from all the SUFC staff at The Roslin, it's the reason for the delay.................. ��������������������

Yes, they need to submit the bar tab from all the SUFC staff at The Roslin, it's the reason for the delay.................. ��������������������

Why are you so obsessed with the Roslin hotel and the club?

It would appear that Sainsburys have a right over Southend United in way of security over the monies they have lent us.

I can't say I understand the detail of the 47 page document so not sure exactly what the security is but that sounds a worry.

As far as I can workout it just enhances Sainsbury's position as creditors to the club were sold or went into receivership. They would go up the pecking order and would be more likely to recover any loans they are owed.

There is a further charge on the club from Sainsburys still open from a few years ago and this may be an updated one and add further security for them.

It also signal as is expected that Sainsburys will not participate in FF and this is why they have done this.

Does anyone know the size of the loans to Sainsburys??

Does this mean we could soon be seeing squad members in the reduced section of the chilled foods aisle?

Not particularly bad but interesting.
It all relates to the original loan moneys from Sainsbury in 2009. Not new in that respect, and the interesting document would be that reference loan agreement but that we don't see.
It would indicate that the moneys from Sainsbury won't be written off (as mused from time to time on here.). However, I suspect this charge tidies things up on the basis that Sainsbury will not be involved going forward. The monies owed are in the form of a loan but reading between the lines I suspect at a very nominal rate & quite possibly with any interest added back to the loan rather than paid. The default rate is base rate plus 4% which is hardly excessively punitive.
Sainsbury effectively get preferential status as a secured creditor- however that is always behind HM Government & the clubs only other meaningful creditor tends to be Ron's companies.
Basically I think the assumption here is that the document formalises the arrangement with Sainsbury with the plan being that this preferential loan is discharged at a future date once the new ground is built. We can't see the loan terms per the 2009 document and I suspect those terms have now been renegotiated in some way due to Sainsbury pulling out and now that is completed the charge is actioned (hence the time delay).

In summary- bad it looks like Sainsbury loans not completely written off, good it looks like terms of a preferential loan are settled as part of the new scheme moving forward and discharging that loan in due course.

My interpretation- others may read it differently.

Back