• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest on Bailey

shrimperton

Manager
Just spoke to a friend of mine who is also a good friend of someone who works at sufc, drinking buddy etc.

Bailey is asking for his wages doubling plus more, he is wanting just short of 5k a week. It seems to be agents banding his name around so Ron told them where to go and transfer listed him.

Average 1st team wage is £1500 a week at sufc, so Ron dont want a mutiny of players at his door, they are also expecting him to go fairly soon.

Also any new signings are not being offered any more than £1000 a week, hence player discussions are slow.

Clarke wanted a extra 2 years, but sufc only offered an extra year, so he was listed too.

Seems silly when Francis is offered 3 years.

The plan is consolidate this year go for promotion next year and open new stadium in the CCC.

Last edited:
Just spoke to a friend of mine who is also a good friend of someone who works at sufc, drinking buddy etc.

Bailey is asking for his wages doubling plus more, he is wanting just short of 5k a week. It seems to be agents banding his name around so Ron told them where to go and transfer listed him.

Average 1st team wage is £1500 a week at sufc, so Ron dont want a mutiny of players at his door, they are also expecting him to go fairly soon.

Also any new signings are not being offered any more than £1000 a week, hence player discussions are slow.

Clarke wanted a extra 2 years, but sufc only offered an extra year, so he was listed too.

I'd of offered Clarke two years. especially as we gave Francis a 3 year deal.

Cant say too much but I can honestly state that the figures quoted here are wrong. I personally know a player that we have held discussions with and he has been offered a lot more than £1000 a week. He played last season in league two but has been watched extensively. He is young and under contract so would command a fee. His club allowed SUFC to talk to him but he is hoping for a bigger club to come in...........

Clarke's already got two years to go so offering him an extra two would make it four in total, ie more than Francis.

i can't see any reason for why we wouldn't be planning for promotion!!

Cant say too much but I can honestly state that the figures quoted here are wrong. I personally know a player that we have held discussions with and he has been offered a lot more than £1000 a week. He played last season in league two but has been watched extensively. He is young and under contract so would command a fee. His club allowed SUFC to talk to him but he is hoping for a bigger club to come in...........

How old is the player?

Position?

Lee Frecklington ???

The plan is consolidate this year go for promotion next year and open new stadium in the CCC.

If this is true then fair play to RM. What Bailey and his agent are asking for is, quite frankly, outrageous. Yes he is a good player, but he has only had one decent season. If he has had 3 or 4 really good seasons, then maybe asking for a decent pay rise would be more realistic. For a club like SUFC to pay nearly 5k a week for anyone is unlikely, to pay that for a player who has only had 1 good year with the club would be just plain stupid.

Let us not forget, as well as we all think we did last year, none of our so-called big players turned up when bottle and fight was required in the semi-final of the play-offs, against a team with only 4 points more than us over the season. Once the hysteria had died down over the frankly amazing support, we must not forget that we were humiliated on live television, and effectively wasted what I thought was an excellent opportunity to get out of this league against a much over-hyped Leeds team in the final.

It might not be silly, we don't know enough about the details of the deal in order to compare them.

If Francis was asking for a 3 year deal starting a £1k a year that is deal you might want to do. If Clarke is however asking for a 3 year deal starting at £3k a year, you might be able to budget for that deal for the first two years, but be wary of committing to year 3, by which the wage will have increased yet further but you have no idea what division you'll be in and your budget figures will be a lot less accurate. Its far too simplistic to say if Francis is worth 3 years, Clarke is worth 3 years as well.

The figures i quoted are correct according to the fine upstanding and friendly member of sufc staff we ALL know and love.

Let us not forget, as well as we all think we did last year, none of our so-called big players turned up when bottle and fight was required in the semi-final of the play-offs, against a team with only 4 points more than us over the season. Once the hysteria had died down over the frankly amazing support, we must not forget that we were humiliated on live television, and effectively wasted what I thought was an excellent opportunity to get out of this league against a much over-hyped Leeds team in the final.

I 100% agree, when the going got tough our players left the building!!!!!

Someone more important than that, but i know they read the boards, so no name will be mentioned, its there job on the line revealing club info.

Back