• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest -Southend United Manager Recruitment.

Ladies and gentlemen, good evening!

A very productive day interviewing candidates for the role of manager of Southend United Football Club.

The interview list as outlined includes immediately available candidates and candidates in situ at other clubs.

I won't talk about other clubs other than to say when Southend United are looking to recruit individuals, we will do it through official channels. It encourages good communication between clubs, engender trust and integrity.

Ron, Gary, Tom and I heard excellent pitches from all candidates, good humour, honesty and plenty of insight from all made the day a very worthwhile exercise.

We're on track to deliver you a manager with vision, can breathe new life and direction into the club along with a restructure of the football department which will give the club every chance to move forward quickly.

A long list don't forget so worry not about names putting themselves in the frame or not showing interest, this is all factored into the process.

A refreshing change.

We go again tomorrow and Friday.

Stan

Thanks for the update Stan , it seems we have some decent candidates thus far and I wonder if the proposed appointment of this weekend could be a little premature.
we need to ensure this is 100% the right fit for us and if that means dragging it out slightly then I’m sure people will understand .
Do us proud SVC

Reactions: Dvg
Great news Stan and thank you once more for the communication on here to the fanbase, it is appreciated by me certainly. Keep up the good work.

Any chance we will have someone in place for the Cup tie on Saturday, or is the Daggers away fixture still a more realistic target?

Last edited:
Thanks very much for your efforts Stan they are very much appreaciated. I look forward to the day when I go Roots Hall or away to support the team for pleasure again rather than as a duty.

Reactions: Dvg
Cheers Stan, thanks for the updates they are much appreciated, makes a change to have positive news , rather than no news speculation and flim flam like we have had for years. I'm sure Ron's is now saying to himself "why didn't i do this back in May" your already a Southend legend Stan and now your proving again the reason why. Good on ya fella !!! Good luck with the ongoing process
UTB

Great update stan. Its nice to see more than one person choosing the manager. I've always thought it should be an interview panel of 3 or 4 people each coming from different angles within the club.

The thing is that we lucky ones on Zone are the grateful recipients of these insights into the recruitment process. Just pity those loyal supporters not on Zone who have little or no idea about what is happening. Thank you SVC for opening our eyes. And good luck with the work over the coming days. Cannot over emphasise how refreshing it is to be in the loop.

Back