• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Laurent and Revell?

graysblue

Banned
this pairing looks very decent to me,revs workrate is astonishing whilst the frenchman looks classy.

on tonights showing freedman and barney could well be under pressure.

well played to every player ,brilliant goal and great saves yet for me the 2 up top stole the show.

I think it absolutely fantastic to have two of the best forwards in the division sitting in the stands tonight thinking 'I wonder how I'm going to get my starting place back'. Laurent has everthing, pace, strength, trickery, desire and he proved towards the end decent reding of the game also. Revell works his nuts off. You can't dislike him. Barrett, Revell and Tilson walking around applauding the supporters made me think 'all three would die for the cause'. Thats what i want from players and management alike.

As good a front show as I can remember.... These two should start on saturday even if Barney and Doug fit

Cant wait for the derby !!

Revs and Laurent look a cracking partnership. I have never seen a striker who works as hard as Alex Revell. Certainly not at Southend. He has to be un-dropable at the moment because even if Barnard and Freedman are fit, dropping Revs would send out a shocking message to the squad.

Laurent.... just WOW. For the first 25 minutes tonight he was unplayable.

Revs and Laurent look a cracking partnership. I have never seen a striker who works as hard as Alex Revell. Certainly not at Southend. He has to be un-dropable at the moment because even if Barnard and Freedman are fit, dropping Revs would send out a shocking message to the squad.

Laurent.... just WOW. For the first 25 minutes tonight he was unplayable.

Martin Carruthers worked as hard as Revell in my book but agreed both were truely fantastic tonight.

What a dilemma Tilly has! Assuming all 4 are fit (Laurent, Revs, Barny, Doooog) who on earth would he select? In fact - I feel a poll coming on!

Laurent and Revell work great together, as i said in another thread Revell is like a Heskey to us, the work horse who will never score bags of goals but desearves his place, and Laurent is the Rooney is you like, trickie to handle and will score the goals if given the service.

Maybe with Freedman fit he could do the Revell job, but also grab goals. That leaves tilly with a massive headache.

Maybe with Freedman fit he could do the Revell job, but also grab goals. That leaves tilly with a massive headache.

No way can Freedman do what Revell does. Poor bloke would have a heart attack.

Freedman is a class above the other 3, his touch and control are far better, his vision and creativity give us something none of the others have.

However Id start with Revell and Laurent for Col U even if the other two are fit, you cant drop either of them on tonights performances.

As I said in a thread about Clarke and Barrett, if the attack and midfield are doing their job it has far more of an impact than replacing either of them, and today we showed that.

Last edited:
No way can Freedman do what Revell does. Poor bloke would have a heart attack.

Freedman is a class above the other 3, his touch and control are far better, his vision and creativity give us something none of the others have.

However Id start with Revell and Laurent for Col U even if the other two are fit, you cant drop either of them on tonights performances.

Not so much in the work rate terms, but in the service he can provide...its down to what Tilly wants really.. if he wants someone who will work hard all game and not stop running then Revells the man..or...If he wants someone who will work as hard as they physically can but with a better touch and overall the better player then its Freedman.

At the moment i would agree with you, keep it as it is.

Simple enough just start all 4! a 4-2-4 formation. Would work wonders!

:clap::unsure:

ok maybe not but this is probably the best all round striking line up we have had in many years. And we were all worried at the start of the season. Again Tilly knew what he was doing - or just gets extremely lucky! But this will be a mjor headache for him but one I am sure he loves having. Now even only we had so many qulaity players fighting for places in every position.

Its a shame we don't have any competition at the back otherwise we would definetly be fighting at the top of the table.

Revs and Laurent were fantastic! Best performance in a blues shirt from Revs tonight and fair play to him. Laurent is a natural footballer, great player and hope both of them continue their form throughout.

Whatever front two we play saturday is not a problem, I would bet that half of the other teams in league one would die for 4 strikers equivalent to ours!

Amazing that Walker is nowhere in the picture anymore despite being second choice just behind Barney last season. No idea where this leaves Furlong.

When we loaned Walker last season, I remember reading Gower saying "Walker can be the next Eastwood".. Doesn't seem like that will happen :)

Laurent (and Revell)

I can see why people are likening the guy to Paolo Wanchope and Kanu but for me he also really does remind me of Tino Asprilla too in the way he moves with the ball and how it always seems glued to his feet. He was sensational tonight and so was Revs who also fully deserved his standing ovation when he was subbed.

How much more solid we looked with a first choice back four also, all were excellent tonight. To beat one of the very best sides in League One with both your recognised first choice strikers out injured shows what a good side we've got this season. If Laurent and Revs continue to produce like that then Barney/Dougie are going to have to work damn hard to get back in. On that form neither can have any complaints if they're forced to start from the bench.

Revell works hard but looks like he's going to score. A fit Freedman or Barnard will get in infront of him.

Laurent was fabulous tonight, if he keeps that up it will be a difficult choice between him and Freedman and Barnard.

I think the last time we last had 3 strikers in the squad all likely to get into double figures, was probably 3/4 seasons back when we had Eastwood/Gray/Goater on board. An interesting selection headache Tilson (When all 3 are fit!)

Superb showing by both front men tonight, dove tailed beautifully with each other, Revs chasing back was amazing and when he gets those legs moving that lad can shift. I would have given a joint man of the match to the pair tonight.

Before the match i said to my friend who hadnt seem Laurent play yet; this guy maybe the the new Stan Collymore for us and he looked at me as if I had gone mad, maybe I am but he has pace and power and has some skill too, Laurent will get sharper and better as well the more he plays and undertstands the language and pace of first team football

Back