• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Napster

No ⭐
Mark Duckett and Dean Brennan have both left Blue Square North newcomers Corby Town, but the Steelmen have brought in experienced striker Lawrie Dudfield.

Defender Duckett has reversed his original decision to stay with the Steelmen for the forthcoming Blue Square North campaign and instead opted to remain in the British Gas Business Southern League Premier Division with newly-promoted Nuneaton Town.

Meanwhile, striker Brennan (right) is also staying in the Southern League but dropping down to Division One Midlands with Arlesey Town.

"I believe that Dean has been offered a player/assistant-manager's role at Arlesey Town which he has seen as a good opportunity for him," said Corby boss Graham Drury.

"I think Gary King is in charge there now and he and Dean go back a long way so it was clearly a chance Dean wanted to take."

Duckett's decision to leave comes just days after he had agreed to stay with the Steelmen.

But Drury understands the full back's reason for wanting to go.

"Basically, he called me and said that Nuneaton had come in for him out of the blue and offered him a one-year contract," said Drury.

"He felt it was a good deal and one that he couldn't turn down.

"He knew I'd already signed Tommy Jaszczun on again for next season here in any case so he felt it might be a good time to move on."

Drury signed 29-year-old, 6` 1” Dudfield, who was recently released by Blue Square South side Chelmsford City.

Dudfield (pictured above) started his career with neighbours Kettering Town and was first signed by Leicester City.

He went on to play for Hull City, Northampton Town, Southend United, Boston United and Notts County. He also had loan spells with Lincoln City and Chesterfield.

In 2008 he moved on to Cork City before signing for Chelmsford last season.

(John Smith)

Back