• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Layer Road

blue shrimp

Youth team
Recently visited LR for the 1st time,Gate was unlocked so I had a nose around,The floodlights are long gone yet everything else remains ,As I walked across the pitch which now stands waisthigh it felt so surreal looking at the ground from the centre circle area.

Recently visited LR for the 1st time,Gate was unlocked so I had a nose around,The floodlights are long gone yet everything else remains ,As I walked across the pitch which now stands waisthigh it felt so surreal looking at the ground from the centre circle area.

i bet you encountered more atmosphere at the desolate site than was the case on matchdays

Al

I go running past it pretty often, and EVERY time I want to stop and kick it down a little bit more... in all seriousness, if they mowed the lawn it would be straight back to it's "former glory".

Any pictures? I always find it fascinating looking at pictures of grounds we have visited falling into disrepair.

For the record, they took the floodlight pylons to the new Stadium, although did fit new 'heads' onto them.

Any pictures? I always find it fascinating looking at pictures of grounds we have visited falling into disrepair.

For the record, they took the floodlight pylons to the new Stadium, although did fit new 'heads' onto them.

Sorry no pctures..I too am fascinated by football grounds and the history surrounding the ground.Standing there thinking of all those great games played over the years the players that graced exactly where i was standing is indeed an eyeopener.

For the record i think Colchesters new ground is very decent.

Sorry no pctures..I too am fascinated by football grounds and the history surrounding the ground.Standing there thinking of all those great games played over the years the players that graced exactly where i was standing is indeed an eyeopener.

Not sure about decent --- but it is built !

It is certainly decent enough to meet their needs. Transport infrastructure leaves a little to be desired.

What's that saying about a bird in the hand .... ?

If we ever move to our new stadium is there anything from Roots Hall you’d take.
Like our amazing scoreboard or the clock in the south bank

Items i would like to own

Slice of the turf
My seat

Somewhere in the Hall is a large box with "warchest" printed upon it....Would dearly love to find that one.

You will almost certainly upset Rons disciples with that quip.

George and Lenny decide to cross
North America in a hot-air balloon. However, neither was a particularly experienced balloonist, and Lenny’s mind quickly drifted from navigation to thoughts of how clouds look like cuddly little bunny rabbits. Upon realizing that they were lost, George declared, “Lenny, we are going to have to lose some altitude so we can figure out where we are.”

George lets some hot air out of the balloon, which slowly descended below the clouds, but he still couldn’t tell where they were. Far below, they could see a man on the ground. George lowered the balloon to ask the man their location.

When they were low enough, George called down to the man, “Hey, can you tell us where we are?” The man on the ground yelled back, “You’re in a balloon, about 100 feet up in the air.”

George called down to the man, “You must be a lawyer.” “Gee, George,” Lenny replied, “How can you tell?” George answered, “Because the advice he gave us is 100 percent accurate and is completely useless”.

The man called back up to the balloon, “You must be a client.” George yelled back, “Why do you say that?” “Well,” the man replied, “you don’t know where you are or where you are going. You got into your predicament through a lack of planning and could have avoided it by asking for help before you acted, yet you expect me to provide an instant remedy. The fact is, you are in the exact same position you were in before we met, but now it is somehow my fault.”

If we ever move to our new stadium is there anything from Roots Hall you’d take.
Like our amazing scoreboard or the clock in the south bank

leave behind the stantions which block your view in the west stand? or the **** who sits in the south upper. take what we can to save some money?

For those of you who spend your matchday money on a decent publication, there was a picture of inside Layer Road in All At Sea last month looking very dilapidated - even more so than usual.

It is certainly decent enough to meet their needs. Transport infrastructure leaves a little to be desired.

What's that saying about a bird in the hand .... ?

Transport links will improve soon A12 link starts its build next month, eventually to include park and ride on the other side of the A12 from the stadium plus pedestrian bridge over the A12 for fans to walk to the stadium.
Much more happening as well, the stadium will be surrounded with buildings in a few years time.

Back