• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Layton Ndukwu signs on season loan

Welcome Layton, I am sure you and your chums are viewing this thread (and others) with interest.
We are a pretty simple bunch, put a shift in and we are 99% happy, better still if some magic happens and we win!

Otherwise it's all your fault.

An interesting polarised response to Layton's arrival. Some are underwhelmed whilst others are clearly very whelmed. I would like to take a middle course. It's not fair to build excessive hopes on one young lad, nor is it fair to dismiss him. The crucial point from my view is that at least he plays in the right position. We need a fast winger who can put in accurate crosses to Cox, Humphreys, Goodship or whoever is playing upfront. Is Layton the man to do this at League One level? I sincerely hope so. Please play him in the correct position KB - don't repeat last Saturday's mistake with Goodship.

I feel sorry for Goodship, an out an out striker, goal poacher, stuck out wide on the wing?? What is all that about. He has some trickery and needs to learn at this level, but he is not a winger surely and pace and crossing is not his thing, so given my great pleasure in us having Bond the master technician , I just dont get the sense of Goodship the flying winger, other than chuck him out there for some brief almost hidden moments of experience, we would be better off loaning him out at League 2 level for experience surely?

Let’s hope he doesn’t get a ‘welcome to League one, laddie’ tackle that sends him back to Leicester. Don’t Hype him up too much, he’s gonna become a target anyway if he’s outclassing the opposition without our help.

Seems that some have very high expectations... let’s see him play for a few games first.

He is on loan to get first team experience. I think he will do well, but if that isn't the case, then he still gets his first team experience. I wish him well and as the season unfolds and reveals the abilities of Layton, we will all be proven either right or wrong.

Welcome to Roots Hall Layton - What ever the outcome you'll be looked after.

I'm hoping our fans can be patient with this lad. From the clips and my little knowledge of this player, he could be the closest to Ricky Otto we have had since. Having been lucky enough to see Otto - he was a player that could disappear for chunks of games but then explode into life with the confidence to rip teams apart for periods of 10-15 mins but then disappear again. In these periods we won a lot of games. He had huge confidence because the fans understood this role. Layton could be a similar player but will need patience from our supporters to help him build and retain confidence to do the special things that win matches. Get on his back if he has a poor first half and we might then not see anything for the whole season. The first real bit of magic needs to be met with great uproar so that the lad settles in quick.

Hi Leicester fan here.

I'm intrigued to see how Layton does this season with you and glad to be a member of the forum to check his progress.

Good luck for the season.

Hi Leicester fan here.

I'm intrigued to see how Layton does this season with you and glad to be a member of the forum to check his progress.

Good luck for the season.

Ive got friends in Hinckley, so pop up to your neck of the woods every now and then- good luck as well!

It’s a squad that has been in a relegation battle two Marchs in a row. There have been good additions by both of the last two managers (Lennon, Humphrys, the injured Hopper; Milligan and Ralph) but also key departures and injuries.

For my money the squad lacks pace, creativity and players who can beat a man. There are too few players on an upward trajectory and too many who’ve already peaked.

I’m not saying we’ll go down just that talk of a promotion push seems rather optimistic.

Last March we were in the middle of the worst injury crisis in the clubs history. So if you add the shrewd signings that Bond has made. Here are a few names that didn't play last march and may help lift your doom......

Oxley,
Shaughnessy
Lennon
Ralph
Milligan
Humphrys
Goodship
New Centre Mid that is on his way.

Not only some potential club POTY amongst them but at least 3 who might challenge for L1 team of the season.

Whilst were at it when CP took over, by the end of March we had P11 W5 D4 L2. including wins against Wigan Rotherham Scunthorpe Pompey and Posh.....

Thats sort of form puts you in the Automatics and it was against some top sides.......Lets hope for some more March misery like that this season.

Last March we were in the middle of the worst injury crisis in the clubs history. So if you add the shrewd signings that Bond has made. Here are a few names that didn't play last march and may help lift your doom......

Oxley,
Shaughnessy
Lennon
Ralph
Milligan
Humphrys
Goodship
New Centre Mid that is on his way.

Not only some potential club POTY amongst them but at least 3 who might challenge for L1 team of the season.

Whilst were at it when CP took over, by the end of March we had P11 W5 D4 L2. including wins against Wigan Rotherham Scunthorpe Pompey and Posh.....

Thats sort of form puts you in the Automatics and it was against some top sides.......Lets hope for some more March misery like that this season.

And Ndukwu!

And Ndukwu!

No I d'din't include him because he is a loanee and never played first team football so will be totally rubbish.

Hope he comes on for 10 minutes on Saturday because I can watch closely for any mistakes then be the first on here to point them out. Whilst at the same time slagging Bond for not having enough width in the starting lineup.

I hope Goodship has a shocker on Saturday because i can remind everyone its to big of a jump and he is L2 at best.

P.S as a moderator could you please remove two post of mine from 2 months ago. The one where i said we need to sign rough diamonds from non league and the other one when i said we need so hungry young pace on the wings.

Its becoming clear to me that we need to spend like Bury and Bolton because without guaranteed promotion I wont show this club any support......If i do I will moan all season and do my best to spoil it for the people sitting around me......

Last edited:
No I d'din't include him because he is a loanee and never played first team football so will be totally rubbish.

Hope he comes on for 10 minutes on Saturday because I can watch closely for any mistakes then be the first on here to point them out. Whilst at the same time slagging Bond for not having enough width in the starting lineup.

I hope Goodship has a shocker on Saturday because i can remind everyone its to big of a jump and he is L2 at best.

P.S as a moderator could you please remove two post of mine from 2 months ago. The one where i said we need to sign rough diamonds from non league and the other one when i said we need so hungry young pace on the wings.

Its becoming clear to me that we need to spend like Bury and Bolton because without guaranteed promotion I wont show this club any support......If i do I will moan all season and do my best to spoil it for the people sitting around me......

Crickey Riggers, are you ******* sour lemons?

Crickey Riggers, are you ******* sour lemons?

As it goes I have had a really good few days (Found not guilty in court). So when your on a bit of high, who wants to see the doom and gloom by some on here.

We are going to have a good season. Bond is a good manager and his signings back that up. Sorry to be the bearer of good news but some of you may just have to enjoy yourselves this season.....As painful as that may be.

As it goes I have had a really good few days (Found not guilty in court). So when your on a bit of high, who wants to see the doom and gloom by some on here.

We are going to have a good season. Bond is a good manager and his signings back that up. Sorry to be the bearer of good news but some of you may just have to enjoy yourselves this season.....As painful as that may be.

I have not seen enough to get off the fence and I will deliver my verdict around the end of October. His signings looked good to me and the squad has a better balance for sure BUT I thought we looked good at the start of last season, pre injury nightmare,
Mr Bond patrols the touchline well and issues clear instructions, he doesn't appear to have favorites or tolerate ill-discipline.
My main concern, on what I have seen, is that he tried a few things, especially playing Mantom and Dieng together which had not worked when done before under CP and didn't when repeated; also like CP he tended to go quiet and become a spectator from 80 minutes on, when imo, more coaching/leadership is needed, not less.
Any way it turns out I will support him and the team up to and after the final kick.

Please confirm you do sit anywhere in the East stand.

I think it’s a good signing. What do we expect at our level? The fact a top half prem club have just given him a 2-year contract is a good sign, plus he’s old enough to cope with L1 as long as he’s got the right attitude. We haven’t had a quick exciting winger for ages so I think he could be what we’ve been missing.

Was trying to think of a song using Yazoo-Only You but changing the title lyrics to En-do-koo which is how he says you pronounce it. ?

If this lad can use both feet, use him as a switch between wings, confuse the opposite right/left backs as to who they’re meant to mark

Back