• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Le Tour

Massimo Giovanni

Old Timer⭐⭐
C'mon Froomie, G, Cav, tear up the mountains, sweep down the Tors and bring the Yellow, Green Polka and White jerseys back to the UK.
Love Le Tour, great action, specatular scenes and unbelievable (often TOO unbelievable) feats of sporting greatness.
Viva Le Tour.

Good win by Cav today. The overhead view of his sprint to the finish showed what a great bike rider he is.
I was lucky enough to see the Tour de France yesterday. The worlds greatest free sporting spectacle.

the speed before the end sprint was just amazing. great stage today, been a good tour so far. Shame for gun-wielding farmer Tony Martin.

Terrific stage win by Cavs today, looking forward to the mountain stages and seeing what Quintana can do.

Massive stage from Froome happening right now. Quintana, Contador and Nibali all dropped

Great ride by Froome and Porte to take Quintana in the final 300m.

Froome is certainly making up for last year.

For me this was the best stage ever for english riders in the TdF. I can not remember a better performance from a uk rider. Well done christoper Froome.

Steve Cummings wins for MTN-Qhubeka, 3rd british stage win of the tour. :thumbsup:

Froome hangs on to get TdF win #2 :thumbsup: Tremendous ride by Quintana today though, I'll be very happy when does win Le Tour, it's surely just a matter of time.

Interestingly on the itv coverage they said, Quintana was quicker over the mountains than Froome, and it was effectively the crosswinds on stage 2 that split the peloton that won the tour for Froomey.

That was a very tense final climb. Every year the bar seems to be set higher and this years tour has been a tad unbalanced away from the sprinters and individual stage winners IMO.

That was a very tense final climb. Every year the bar seems to be set higher and this years tour has been a tad unbalanced away from the sprinters and individual stage winners IMO.

This years Tour certainly favoured the climbers, for me i prefer to watch the battles in the mountains. Quintana proved he is a great rider today and will be a future Grand tour winner. Froome battled well although he appeared to be suffering he was still able to take time from the other pre race favourites.

Back