• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Lead article on back page re planned protest

OldBlueLady

Junior Blues Coordinator⭐⭐
So Chris Phillips leads with another impressive piece about "Furious Fans Plan Protest", coupled with some very eloquent letters from supporters (recognise a few names from on here :whistling:). Come on, time people gave him some credit - he's listening to us here and making sure the Club know our feelings.

There is also an apology about the misleading figures given in relation to Spinner's testimonial. £40k is apparently the full amount contractually owed to him by the Club which includes the proceeds from the match - which is still absolutely appalling. How can he still be owed money when he retired 2 years ago? If we still owe players from 2 years ago, how the hell are we paying anyone right now?!

:whistling: Cannot get the Echo out here in the slums, but having one saved for me. 2 days running for a name check I believe!

But yea, people slag Chris off, but credit him for getting in and at least trying to put the questions to SUFC...

So Chris Phillips leads with another impressive piece about "Furious Fans Plan Protest", coupled with some very eloquent letters from supporters (recognise a few names from on here :whistling:). Come on, time people gave him some credit - he's listening to us here and making sure the Club know our feelings.

There is also an apology about the misleading figures given in relation to Spinner's testimonial. £40k is apparently the full amount contractually owed to him by the Club which includes the proceeds from the match - which is still absolutely appalling. How can he still be owed money when he retired 2 years ago? If we still owe players from 2 years ago, how the hell are we paying anyone right now?!

The impression I got from the Echo was £40,000 was owed as a result of the testimonial which seems unlikely unless the 850 at the game were very, very generous!

The problem is, and I am quite involved with Little Havens, is that the article suggests that the club's relationship with LH has suffered which I really hope not. After all Adam Barrett is an ambassador for LH.

Still, one way of selling newspapers.

The Echo appears hell-bent on stirring up as much crap for SUFC as it can. Maybe something to do with the recent slap they got from RM regarding the premature announcement of M'Voto's loan.

btw Chris; I'm not furious and I'm not planning a protest, I'm not even that worried about Revell and Betsy being loaned out or what JK said. I'm mildly concerned that we don't have a league win yet, a little apprehensive that Ron's deal to satisfy the taxman could falter, and hopeful that we'll get some decent loanees in to improve the team when the loan window re-opens.

Look, at the end of the day, there are a lot of supporters who have become disillusioned with goings on at the club over the last few weeks. Even the most "rose tinted" of supporters or whatever you want to call them. Morale amongst some of us, is probably the lowest it has been for the best part of a decade...

But, there are still 17 players at this club who will go out to battle against Orient on Friday. We need a win, make no mistake. It will give us and more importantly the players a lift and a timely one at that.

We as supporters need to help them get those important 3 points, to kick start the season and help lift the dark clouds which surround our beloved club at the moment.

So, whatever your feelings are towards the board at the moment, please do not show them during match time. It won't help the players one bit. We have a team to support, more than ever at the moment, so lets do just that.

It's time to unite people, its time to show the players just how much we love our club.

Sing up Southend.

Last edited:

http://www.thurrockgazette.co.uk/sport/4578156.Chief_Executive_under_fire_at_Roots_Hall/

If the game is going against us and a King out chant starts up someone needs to find a sock for my mouth

If it's for your mouth T, I think this would be more appropriate. ;)

1683520.jpg

am I the only one that thinks its weird that the local paper gets its news from the shrimperzone? i know stacks of people are a angry etc, but that article makes it sound like were were all up for a mass protest friday, this is just sensationalism surely, all the echo readers who dont come on here will think that theres these hordes of chaos waiting to erupt,
still, power to the people i guess!

Thing is, these are tricky games coming up - we always struggle against Orient and Leeds next week is not going to be easy at all.

Could be come half 9 next week we are staring at no league wins in 7 - 4 points from 21 and fan protests, whether against King, Tilson or the players is not far behind.

For what its worth, I will be 100% behind EVERY player tomorrow (even Freedman! :D) as that is what a supporter should do. I'm not sure what good protesting against King is going to do - save that for the AGM and voting him out etc, thats how to solve that 'problem'.

The players need us - we still have enough quality in the squad, if not the quantity at present and we CAN beat Orient tomorrow and get this season up and running.

am I the only one that thinks its weird that the local paper gets its news from the shrimperzone? i know stacks of people are a angry etc, but that article makes it sound like were were all up for a mass protest friday, this is just sensationalism surely, all the echo readers who dont come on here will think that theres these hordes of chaos waiting to erupt,

Maybe Smiffy should lead us...

citizensmith.jpg

Happens with the Argus and northstandchat.com down here all the time.

READ ALL ABOUT IT!

Echo in prints-letters-so-fans-can-gloat-to-their-mates-that-their-letter-slating-the-club-they-claim-to-love-was-printed-in-order-to-sell-more-papers shocker!

Wonder how their sales figures are looking the last couple of mornings while they profit from **** stirring.

You don't speak for me. I won't be protesting. I'll be supporting my club.

READ ALL ABOUT IT!

Echo in prints-letters-so-fans-can-gloat-to-their-mates-that-their-letter-slating-the-club-they-claim-to-love-was-printed-in-order-to-sell-more-papers shocker!

Wonder how their sales figures are looking the last couple of mornings while they profit from **** stirring.

You don't speak for me. I won't be protesting. I'll be supporting my club.

What he said ...

The echo haven't printed all the critical letters. For instance, they haven't picked up on my letter slating Wignall for letting Brett Darby go.

Thing is, these are tricky games coming up - we always struggle against Orient and Leeds next week is not going to be easy at all.

Could be come half 9 next week we are staring at no league wins in 7 - 4 points from 21 and fan protests, whether against King, Tilson or the players is not far behind.

For what its worth, I will be 100% behind EVERY player tomorrow (even Freedman! :D) as that is what a supporter should do. I'm not sure what good protesting against King is going to do - save that for the AGM and voting him out etc, thats how to solve that 'problem'.

The players need us - we still have enough quality in the squad, if not the quantity at present and we CAN beat Orient tomorrow and get this season up and running.

We haven't lost against leeds at home, although they are on a roll.

Back