• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Leadership Hustings Live

I only caught some of it, but the thing that stood out for me most was how there were more candidates than audience members.....

I only caught some of it, but the thing that stood out for me most was how there were more candidates than audience members.....

5 candidates.I didn't count the numbers in the audience but there looked like more than 5 there to me .What was the point of having them there if they weren't able to ask questions to the candidates directly?

I was almost certain that was the case but the opportunity of a poor balls gag to too much to resist!

Could Alan Johns(t)on be presuaded to stand even at this late stage? Jon Cruddas is obviously looking at his long term PM potential as becoming the leader of the Opposition as soon as a party is kicked out of office is notoriously risky.

I was almost certain that was the case but the opportunity of a poor balls gag to too much to resist!

Could Alan Johns(t)on be presuaded to stand even at this late stage? Jon Cruddas is obviously looking at his long term PM potential as becoming the leader of the Opposition as soon as a party is kicked out of office is notoriously risky.

I believe it's now to late for any other candidate to stand.

Is Dianne Abbott still in the running? Hope so, she will put the Labour party back by 40 years. All good for the country.

Is Dianne Abbott still in the running? Hope so, she will put the Labour party back by 40 years. All good for the country.

She's certainly a candidate but regrettably she hasn't got the proverbial snowball's chance of winning.
If you watch next week's This Week(late Thursday night) you'll see her back on the sofa again with that nice Michael Portillo.

She's certainly a candidate but regrettably she hasn't got the proverbial snowball's chance of winning.
If you watch next week's This Week(late Thursday night) you'll see her back on the sofa again with that nice Michael Portillo.

Regrettable indeed. the fury throughout the ranks would have been delightful, certainly more interesting than a couple of Blairite grey uninspiring and lifeless men.

Back