• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

msankey

Schoolboy
With MK Dons and Oxford needing new managers, would potential mangers for SUFC have their heads turned by Kassam stadium or Stadium mk? Do they have better prospects than us? Discuss!!!

Both clubs are a bigger draw. Oxford are a bigger club, while MK are a smaller club but with excellent facilities.

Both clubs are a bigger draw. Oxford are a bigger club, while MK are a smaller club but with excellent facilities.

Billericay have better facilities than us including the pitch:smile:

It all comes down to this. Loads of clubs around the world would have wanted Bobby Moore as their manager. But he chose Southend United. Don't ever underestimate the pull of our open air car park market.

Yep, Aveley have got a great little set-up with the local community, who use the facilities, as well. :thumbsup:

Don't necessarily agree or disagree but are Oxford "bigger" than us?

That was my thought too. It’s a bit subjective isn’t it and can change over time. Personally I think we have greater long term potential, if it could be properly harnessed. It might be simpler to compare which club is the better short to medium term prospect for an ambitious manager. On that point, it’s not just current squad or facilities that matter IMO but also how supportive and stable the owners and board of a club are. Some owners I would be very wary of - and Oxford seem to hire and fire a bit too much for my liking.

With MK Dons and Oxford needing new managers, would potential mangers for SUFC have their heads turned by Kassam stadium or Stadium mk? Do they have better prospects than us? Discuss!!!

Any potential manager for all 3 clubs knows he could be sacked before next season, so why look to far ahead. Oxford are ahead of us on fans and finance as they all ready have a new stadium, all be it soulless because its bad design and 3 sides.

MK clearly lie about their attendances (who knows why). They have income from the similar hotel design by BL that we are planning. The stadium is far to big for them, so again makes it soulless. From what I witnessed they are a poor team and deserve to go down just for what they did and for having the most boring town in Britain.....A fake club for a fake town.

Cannot agree that Oxford are a bigger club. They had a spell in the top flight many years ago but other than that I’d say we’re very similar in terms of fan-base & potential etc. As for MK, who’d want to go there if there was another offer somewhere else.

I have no idea why people think Oxford are above us. Crap 3 sided ground (are you listening to me Ron) Nothing like the support and love for their club as we all have over so many years.

We are SUFC

I have no idea why people think Oxford are above us. Crap 3 sided ground (are you listening to me Ron) Nothing like the support and love for their club as we all have over so many years. Why people think they have better prospects to us dumb SUFC supporters I have no idea.

We are SUFC

They don't have the debt we have and with a bigger income perhaps that's why players PB tried to sign like Liam Sercombe and James Henry chose Oxford instead of Southend.

Money talks in football anyone who doesn't accept that is.....How shall I put this.....dumb

They don't have the debt we have and with a bigger income perhaps that's why players PB tried to sign like Liam Sercombe and James Henry chose Oxford instead of Southend.

Money talks in football anyone who doesn't accept that is.....How shall I put this.....dumb

The debt is all RM's played as he does things on paper shifting...You can call all you like "dumb my friend, but sometimes it takes a look in the mirror to see who actually is.

Do you think there is any bank in the land that would back us if we were really that much in debt.

Not only that the term " trading insolvent would of been smacked on us several times"

Ron is nothing more that a master of disguise.

The debt is all RM's played as he does things on paper shifting...You can call all you like "dumb my friend, but sometimes it takes a look in the mirror to see who actually is.

Do you think there is any bank in the land that would back us if we were really that much in debt.

Not only that the term " trading insolvent would of been smacked on us several times"

Ron is nothing more that a master of disguise.

You asked the question about Oxford I gave you an opinion backed with some facts you were probably not aware of.....Why do you have a problem with that ?

See now you have awoken me Rigs......Lets get a few facts in the picture here....RM Property developer, done sweet **** all for years in that field ...check his accounts out. RM SUFC..his saving grace....Got a club and ground the fans built for a quick deal with Vic, Lived on the potential outcome of RH for donkey's years.

He has always lived on this dream of moving us to a new ground...(It's a fair comment in some ways these days) but the overall plan was to make him rich.

I have never doubted RM'a long term ambition, but you would be " a fool" if you didn't think it serves his purpose more than ours.

Oxford have achieved more than us in their short league history. We score a few more points over them in the fact we have never been relegated from the Football League and have been a league side for much longer.
Attendance wise they are slightly ahead of us at the moment when you count just home fans. Overall average attendance is higher due to more away fans. They do take more fans to away games than us as well.
They may have a 3 sided ground but I bet it brings in loads more revenue than Roots Hall. As for atmosphere I have heard them make a bit of noise, but must admit on recent visits they have been pretty quiet.

I'm not sure they are any less passionate about their club than we are.

I think Rigsby you might have been doing all right ,until you just couldnt quite resist the last bit implying dumbness to any body who couldnt believe that not everything in the football world revolves around Money. I appreciate it plays a large part but I wont bore you with the many examples I could recount where players themselves confirm it is not the overriding factor, including players transfers , its like all things in life I suppose, so many different angles play a part

Back