• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

League 2 - what RM always wanted ?

Rayleigh boy

Director⭐
I have always thought that RM had an upside to relegation in mind - an upside for him that is -

now that he has successfully stripped out the squad and undermned Tilson in every way possible its feasible our local property developer might have always had a vision of reducing his liability (SUFC) to a mickey mouse struggling league 2 affair so he could max out his profit on everything else....

whos going to give a stuff about strugling leage 2 club getting mugged off by its chairman when the prem-***** is jst getting used to its clubs being fronts for money laudering from east europe -

more than anything hes been too clever in keping the lid on it - going the extra mile to keep supporters quiet, dismissing relegation out of hand - just too quick -

I am not convinced that is not is not what he has always wanted - possibly he's gutted that Tilson wont give up and walk -

whats hes done is slash and burn - theres a reason for that

Nice conspiracy theory. Unfortunately for it, the accounts lay out in black and white everything that has happened. We've been utterly dependent on the financial backing of Ron Martin and the other Directors for years to cover the huge losses which we had made and which had destroyed our cashflow. As soon as that well of funds dried up we were screwed.

It's more comforting to think that it's all down to that nasty chairman who has screwed us all over in order to make his fortune than accept the fact that our beloved Shrimpers just aren't a viable business.

An interesting theory. But although we dont have the nationwide/worldwide clout of man Utd, surely Ron would realise that if he shafted us big time, there would be groups of appointed fans who would attempt to embarrass and bring bad publicity to both him and his companies?. His worse mistake would be to write off all football fans as idiots. I'm certain many Blues fans would commit themselves to this cause if it were ever (pray god it dos'nt) to happen.

I have always thought that RM had an upside to relegation in mind - an upside for him that is -

now that he has successfully stripped out the squad and undermned Tilson in every way possible its feasible our local property developer might have always had a vision of reducing his liability (SUFC) to a mickey mouse struggling league 2 affair so he could max out his profit on everything else....

whos going to give a stuff about strugling leage 2 club getting mugged off by its chairman when the prem-***** is jst getting used to its clubs being fronts for money laudering from east europe -

more than anything hes been too clever in keping the lid on it - going the extra mile to keep supporters quiet, dismissing relegation out of hand - just too quick -

I am not convinced that is not is not what he has always wanted - possibly he's gutted that Tilson wont give up and walk -

That is a very cynical way to look at the situation, sounds like you've too much time to think about things.

Nice conspiracy theory. Unfortunately for it, the accounts lay out in black and white everything that has happened. We've been utterly dependent on the financial backing of Ron Martin and the other Directors for years to cover the huge losses which we had made and which had destroyed our cashflow. As soon as that well of funds dried up we were screwed..

exactly - thats why he wants to get out - he holding onto a loss making business so he can do the land deal - he can reduce the losses in Lge 2 -

we are 8th best supported club in this league - just cos we are not making money for this set of business men does not mean we are viable -

look at the big picture = we should be thriving -

Sorry mate but cant see how this could be true.

RM needs the club to do well so he can make more. Common sense tells you that the more sucessful the club is the more sucessful he as the owner will be.

I can't see any of that. He's just an Estate Agent who has bitten off more than he can chew....

exactly - thats why he wants to get out - he holding onto a loss making business so he can do the land deal - he can reduce the losses in Lge 2 -

we are 8th best supported club in this league - just cos we are not making money for this set of business men does not mean we are viable -

we are not best supported because 'apparently' you think some of us are scummers

That makes no sense.

Its better to sell a successful venture than a struggling one.

Why would he devalue the club and get less for it, whilst losing crowds and more money week in week out?

He's not going to reduce losses by dramatically reducing income, which is what will happen in League Two. As Dave said, the best way for him to benefit is for the Club to be successful both on and off the field.

If we were viable then we wouldn't be making a seven figure loss each year.

like all clubs most of our income goes on player wages - look what hes done stripped off the wages - lge 2 will have a wage bill down by 50 per cent -

like all clubs most of our income goes on player wages - look what hes done stripped off the wages - lge 2 will have a wage bill down by 50 per cent -

If yor theory was correct then he has also potentially cut attendances by 50%

He is also going to struggle to fill this pie in the sky stadium with us in league two.

I think you have things back to front. He hasn't cut wages in order to get us into League Two, as your first few posts in this thread have suggested. We're going into League Two because he has cut wages and other expenditure.

This is the first year in a great many that the Club has had to stand on it's own financially. We're a loss-making business, but those losses have historically been covered by others (or else we would have failed long ago). This year there isn't going to be anyone there to loan the Club money to cover it's obligations so we've had to cut our outgoings dramatically. The on-field disasters of the last seven months has been the direct result.

I've seen some farcical posts on this board over the last few weeks, not least tonight, but this one tops them all.

I think you have things back to front. He hasn't cut wages in order to get us into League Two, as your first few posts in this thread have suggested. We're going into League Two because he has cut wages and other expenditure.

This is the first year in a great many that the Club has had to stand on it's own financially. We're a loss-making business, but those losses have historically been covered by others (or else we would have failed long ago). This year there isn't going to be anyone there to loan the Club money to cover it's obligations so we've had to cut our outgoings dramatically. The on-field disasters of the last seven months has been the direct result.
So how many clubs in the bottom two leagues pull in less gate money than us, i would imagen quite a few. Those clubs, some even with half our gate are not overflowing with cash, but i dont see them standing in line at the admin court, how are they managing and we are not.

So how many clubs in the bottom two leagues pull in less gate money than us, i would imagen quite a few. Those clubs, some even with half our gate are not overflowing with cash, but i dont see them standing in line at the admin court, how are they managing and we are not.

They will be being bankrolled. The same as we have been for the past several years. Many have probably been living within their means for the past few years when we've been overspending and resorting to using our tax obligations as working capital.

Our problems are caused by us suddenly having to cut expenditure by £2m or so in order to not make a loss this year (as there's no free cash to fund another loss) at the same time as we've had to deal with the consequences of our previous irresponsible chasing of the Championship dream and a subsequently very ****ed-off taxman.

Back