• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

This nugget is showing on the BBC sport page with live updates on the draw:

Get Involved - Your League Cup memories

#bbcsportsday or text 81111

7th November 2006. Southend 1 Man Utd (incl. Ronaldo) 0. Was on honeymoon in Tenerife and watched it in a bar called 'Beckham's'. Suffice to say there was only one cheer when Eastwood hit the back of the net.

Matt, Derby

I thought I read that Newport's pitch will not be ready until late August. Therefore I think the tie will be switched round to be a Home tie.

From the BBC Website:

"Newport will also play away from home in the first round of the Carabao Cup. In the event of Newport being drawn at home, the EFL has agreed to reverse the fixture."

I thought I read that Newport's pitch will not be ready until late August. Therefore I think the tie will be switched round to be a Home tie.

Yeah good spot, I read that yesterday also.

**** sake, Newport isn't too far from me typical that they switch it. Was hoping to catch as many games as possible before I go away.

I see that Col U have been drawn at home to Villa, nice for them but also their last game in the competition this year

**** sake, Newport isn't too far from me typical that they switch it. Was hoping to catch as many games as possible before I go away.

Aren't you in Oxford? Not that close, you're about halfway between the two!

200 miles and 4 hours travel between us and Newport (decades culturally!). Fortunately it looks like it'll be a journey they'll have to make rather than us.

Aren't you in Oxford? Not that close, you're about halfway between the two!

30 minutes west of Oxford. I'm in between Oxford and Swindon, so it's only about an 1 hourish to Newport for me.

Confirmed by Newport as a home game due to their pitch being relaid. Good news. Good opportunity to get into the second round.

Yep, saw that on BBC Sport yesterday. Must have been the worst playing surface in the league last season.

Newport at home is about as good as it could have gone, in terms of progressing to the next round.

Back