• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Charlton got drawn against Cheltenham AND Exeter. Tough going, that.

Last edited:
Charlton got drawn against Cheltenham AND Exeter. Tough going, that.

Yep - 11 against 22 - I'd stick 2 in goal, possibly 5 in defence and midfield and then put 10 up front. Get a 2 goal cushion and then bring off some of the forwards for midfielders and keep it tight. Presumably there will be 6 subs as well?

Think we will draw a big crowd for this one:'( maybe 1800 if we are lucky:nope:

If the club has any sense they will make it very cheap for season card holders to try and tempt 3k+. It's a crap cup but we could have a decent run In it. I'd be well happy to dispatch Newport and get the hammers away in round 2.

If the club has any sense they will make it very cheap for season card holders to try and tempt 3k+. It's a crap cup but we could have a decent run In it. I'd be well happy to dispatch Newport and get the hammers away in round 2.

It's good to get up and running with a couple of wins under the belt - we have started rather poorly for a number of seasons (someone will now show this not to be true ............) and I am hoping for better and getting a win in the league cup will do no harm ................. well, can it be worse than losing to Gillingham twice in 4 days? :sad: :'(

Newport County and the 1st round of the Carabao Cup and Frank

There may already be a thread on this, but Newport's latest signing will add a little zing and interest to the proceedings. The Exiles are proudly presenting Frank Nouble in their ranks.

My best mate in Australia is a Wet Spam supporter and he always thought there was a very good player in Frank Nouble when he was with them. Im sure when we play Newport he will want to show you he can play, just a shame he didnt produce for us.
I wish him well but not against us .

My best mate in Australia is a Wet Spam supporter and he always thought there was a very good player in Frank Nouble when he was with them. Im sure when we play Newport he will want to show you he can play, just a shame he didnt produce for us.
I wish him well but not against us .

Newport will be the 15th club he has played for since joining West Ham 8 years ago so I don't think it's just us he failed to produce for !

Tickets for this game are priced like it's the Checka-a-Trade tinpot, very surprised by them. Lets hope for a wee cup run!

Love the optimism of the "-2018" part of this thread title...

Back