• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SARF

Director
OK all eyes are on the Hawthorns this weekend, but does anyone care about the League cup? other than putting one on Brighton..
Do all the big teams come into the next round..?
whilst an away tie at the Emirates against the Arse 3rd team would not attract the attention of the Nation, it would be a great night out and a money spinner for the club even if the place was only a third full..

Well, with no LDV Vans Trophy to ensure our march to Cardiff this year, I definitely think we should give it our all. With the big clubs playing their third teams, it gives us our biggest chance of making progress. OK, I'm not pretending we can win the thing, but it would be great to have a good run in the competition.

As for Arsenal, I'm hoping that we do get drawn away against them in the 3rd Round of either the Carling or the FA Cup, so that we can play in the first game at that ground in that competition! One for the record books......

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SARF @ Sep. 15 2006,15:40)]OK all eyes are on the Hawthorns this weekend
Are they?

I thought everyone seemed more interested in Brighton.

I couldn't care less about the Brighton game at the moment.

West Brom is I think a pivotal game for the club: lose and we'll have lost all 4 away games and won't have won in 3 games (home and away). Its essential that we capitalise on that spirit shown against Norwich and start getting some points on the board away from home.

West Brom might be a good side, but there are lots of good sides in the championship and if we want to compete we're going to have to take points off good teams.

Brighton means more to me than this weekend's encounter.

Hate runs deep for this lot.

mad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (C C Csiders @ Sep. 15 2006,16:50)]I'd take a 3-0 defeat by Brighton in exchange for a boring 0-0 at The Hawthorns tomorrow.
If we lose to Brighton then I am expecting a barage of abuse the likes of which I have never seen before.

I think we will spank them and get someone crap and Northern away and lose..

DtS
suspect.gif

Remember Donny rovers cup run last season when it took a last min extra time winner from gilberto silva to rescue the gunners?

They were all over the back pages, I think its a great under rated compertision.

The Brighton game is an important match for the club simply because of the potential opportunity it gives to draw a big team in the next round. If we could get a decent tie at home it may bring out even more untapped support above and beyond what we are getting now.

However, I share the fear of DtS that if we get through we will get an away draw up north and lose
sad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (C C Csiders @ Sep. 15 2006,16:50)]I'd take a 3-0 defeat by Brighton in exchange for a boring 0-0 at The Hawthorns tomorrow.
No way... I can't seeing us get anything at west brom... I would love to stuff Brighton, i hate them with passion!!!
mad.gif

There doesn't seem to be as much interest at the ticket office for the Brighton game. Only 3600 tickets sold to home fans so far. I virtually had the pick of the front seats in the South Upper, normally STH territory.

Mind you, a few seasons ago 3600 would have been a good number. Just shows how far we've come.

Back