• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

League One Awaits The Blues

Bratislava Blue

Manager
To the tune of Amarillo - Tony Christie (no surprise!!!)

League One is dawning
Three points off Port Vale by morning
Then its Bradford, Walsall
In the New Year its upto the Blackpool
Bournemouth, Tranmere Rovers, they'll be no test
Even Nottingham Forest, at their very best

Chorus
Is this the way to Bristol City
Gillingham, we will show them no pity
MK Dons and Swansea City
League One awaits the Blues
The trip north east to the Hartlepool
Then down south west to the Yeovil
Barnsley will be made to look fools

Rotherham a home banker
Brentford and Col U are just W**KERS
Scunthorpe and Huddersfield
Donny Rovers and the Chesterfield
Swindon and the Oldham, will definatley lose
With Tilson and Brush, leading the Mighty Blues

Repeat Chorus

I think I got every team in, sadly won't be there to here the rendition!!!

I remember someone wrote a lengthy song about Martyn Margetson and passed the lyrics around the South Upper. It too was fairly lengthy and the vast majority of the potential choir lost interest after the third or fourth line and proceeded to construct a vast array of paper planes out of the lyric sheets and bombard Margetson instead.

I've always thought that terrace songs should be kept as simple as possible unless it is a direct adaption of a well-known ditty, such as Liverpool's 'You'll Never Walk Alone'. I remember not so long ago we had a song for David McSweeney to the tune from 'The Sweeney" (which was also adapted for McScriven) and hummed the tune to "Knight Rider" for young Michael Kightly (which his family absolutely loved). Simple but effective. Many years ago there was a great song for that buffoon Gary Poole ... who remembers it?!

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ Aug. 07 2005,09:10)]Many years ago there was a great song for that buffoon Gary Poole ... who remembers it?!

WS
'Gary Poole,
Gary Poole,
Gary Gary Poole,
He gets the ball,
He Does $%&* all,
Gary Gary Poole'

If my memory serves me right!

tounge.gif

I think the song is brilliant. It may not work on the terraces (mainly coz weve lost to Port Vale already) but it is a fantastic effort

I think it's a clever song and I applaud Prague Blue's creativity. However XS is right, it will never catch on. If that song ever gets sung all the way through by the Southend crowd I will eat one of the soiled nappies XS spoke about earlier in the thread.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ron Manager @ Aug. 07 2005,11:06)]If that song ever gets sung all the way through by the Southend crowd I will eat one of the soiled nappies XS spoke about earlier in the thread.
And I will stop going on about my pool ...

WS

biggrin.gif

Back